• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ex - CUB Equipment Auction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25,000L tank. Maybe good for a club brew?

I love that they have them on Gumtree, and have listed the Westfalia separator at $360 "estimated". The installed cost of that thing would have been close enough to 1000 times that.

I love that they have them on Gumtree, and have listed the Westfalia separator at $360 "estimated". The installed cost of that thing would have been close enough to 1000 times that.
Thats because while you know exactly what you just meant the rest of us are at a bit of a loss, but it looks shinny and at $360, that's a lot of shiny for your dollar.

Thats because while you know exactly what you just meant the rest of us are at a bit of a loss, but it looks shinny and at $360, that's a lot of shiny for your dollar.

Imagine a machine that can "cold crash" a beer straight off ferment in a few seconds by spinning fast enough to have 10,000 times the effect of gravity. Now arrange it so that you can pump beer through it at 20,000 litres per hour and it automatically discharges the yeast sludge through one port whilst the clean beer passes through to the outlet.

A bargain for $360.

Last edited:
Imagine a machine that can "cold crash" a beer straight off ferment in a few seconds by spinning fast enough to have 10,000 times the effect of gravity. Now arrange it so that you can pump beer through it at 20,000 litres per hour and it automatically discharges the yeast sludge through one port whilst the clean beer pass through to the outlet.

A bargain for $360.
Did I miss a centrifugal pump?

Why are they selling are they shutting down in Australia.

What they are selling looks to be too small for their current production level. The brewhouse in the auction, for instance, is only capable of producing 30,000 litre batches.

I think Yatala currently makes about 600 Ml PA so if they used brewhouses that size they'd need too many of them: around 10 at normal gravity, 6 or 7 at high gravity.

Last edited:
Now if that guy in Sydney went to check out this Gumtree ad, then came home and told his wife "I bought a brewery" I'd be impressed.

Lets see him fill this with his manky garden hose.

What they are selling looks to be too small for their current production level. The brewhouse in the auction, for instance, is only capable of producing 30,000 litre batches.

I think Yatala currently makes about 600 Ml PA so if they used brewhouses that size they'd need too many of them: around 10 at normal gravity, 6 or 7 at high gravity.
30,000 litre batches is big enough for a craft brewer they say that a new craft brewer opens up every week in Australia and if they are successful seem to be purchased by the big brewers seems strange selling equipment that your competitor could use and auction is a very poor method of sale very big costs.

Latest posts

Back