Everyone Should Make This

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=medium]Will be putting this down next week (after pay day!!), however I cannot get a hold of any Amarillo. LHBS has suggested Citra plus the Centennial, any thoughts on this?[/SIZE]

Made a batch of this as per the original recipe yesterday, except I made it up to 27 Ltrs not 23.

This gave me a OG of 1047, so by the time it's bottled and bulk primed, I recon it should be around the mid 4% abv, nice thirst quencher ready for summer...

Ok so this finished at 1012 and I bottled with about 6g per litre with a bulk prime, just had a first taste after 2 weeks in the bottle and very impressed.

Ended up around the 4.9% ABV Mark

Have made 4 kit/toucan beers prior to this and this is my first all extract, really happy with how this came out

Just put the following down, my first go at extract.

2x Morgans Unhopped Extra Pale
Rehydrate US05 yeast
Light Crystal 60 0.2 kg
Centennial 10 g 30 Mins
Amarillo 20 g 20 Mins
Amarillo 20 g 10 Mins
Dextrose 0.5 kg
Predicted OG 1.049 IBU 29.1 FG 1.010 EBC 8.0 %alc Keg 5.2 Bottle 5.6
I halved the hop additions to get the bitterness down... not quite the hop junkie just yet.

Fermenting at 18deg

Arch82 said:
Just put the following down, my first go at extract.

2x Morgans Unhopped Extra Pale
Rehydrate US05 yeast
Light Crystal 60 0.2 kg
Centennial 10 g 30 Mins
Amarillo 20 g 20 Mins
Amarillo 20 g 10 Mins
Dextrose 0.5 kg
Predicted OG 1.049 IBU 29.1 FG 1.010 EBC 8.0 %alc Keg 5.2 Bottle 5.6
I halved the hop additions to get the bitterness down... not quite the hop junkie just yet.

Fermenting at 18deg
Hey Guys,

I'm a little concerned about this one and need some advice.

I realised this morning after reading through the thread that i had "HCF" turned off in the spreadsheet and i only did a 3 litre boil.
I've since turned it on and and due to the low IBU decided to do a another identical boil and added another 500g of dextrose as my brew is now closer to 27L after adding ice to cool it before adding.
I'm sure this is all OK to do?

My main concern is i rehydrated yeast for the first time by boiling water, cooling it to 30deg then adding the yeast and a sprinkle of dextrose. i left this for 30 min while i did my boil.
When i went to add the additional boil this morning the yeast looked like it had settled in the fermenter with no signs of fermentation yet... no foaming or CO2 smell.

Should i just leave it a couple more days and if it hasn't started by then should i buy another US-05 and add it?

Any input appreciated, cheers!

Hey Guys,
Had a birthday on Saturday and a kind soul presented me with a pack of Coopers Brew enhancer N0.2.
Been wondering what to do with this as I normally brew A G by BIAB and was looking at Neils recipe and came up with the following recipe.BE2 is not listed in Brewmate so I guessed the malt and added a bit .
Neils hop schedule gave me an IBU of 51 in Brewmate so I lightened it up a bit to get to 31 IBU.
Maybe I'll sub simcoe or magnum for the Centennial as I have this on hand.
Anyhow here it is.Never done a extract before so any opinions thankfully received.

Centrillo.jpg

Just bottled this recipe and it already looks, smells and tastes delicious!!

Cheers Neill!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1392221121.442512.jpg

Judanero said:
I did a version of this the other week:

2 x cans of morgans lager light malt extract
400g Dextrose
100g LDME
20g Green bullet @ 30
40g Amarillo @ 20
40g Amarillo @ 10

Us-05 yeast

Fermenting at the moment.. will report back
Not a BAD drop, not that good either.. had a kind of sweet, very mild 'twang' to it that I'm not entirely sure but think came from just using extract?

If I were to repeat this I'd use 500g LDME, swap the Green bullet for Magnum, swap the 10 min Amarillo addition for Cascade and steep some grain in there (Carapils).

Back