Esky For Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a Techni Ice. The eski itself looks great and they should hold heat well. However, if you are trying to fit a bulkhead and tap, you may have problems. I am having trouble fitting my Beerbelly bulkhead as getting a proper sized silicone seal on it is difficult due to the position of the drain hole.

I know its well over a year since you made the quoted post. I am wondering which size icebox you purchased from Techni Ice and also wondering how it has been going? I am thinking about a 60lt one for my first mash tun.

cheers

Matt

I got a 70lt unreal cooler from ebay cost $140 delivered With 10 techni ice bag things with them . They look like seconds of some of the well known brands but it has everything on them. the castings are a little bit dodgy here or there like the white runs into the blue a bit but other then that I cannot see any problem with them. I have not tried it but the bit of paper with it has techni ice cleaning instructions and techni ice ice page usage instructions. So to me I think they are made for techni ice or made by them but sold under unreal coolers as they dont meet the standards. As I say just looks like the casting is a bit dodgy thats all

Are you on BrewAdelaide MTodd? I picked up a couple of Eskies today I'm giving away for nix. The Coleman is 25 L and the lid must have been left in the sun, as it's buggered, but the bottom's good, and an older smaller esky in pretty good nick. Someone else has first dibs though

Back