Esky For Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margwar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just come across a ad pamphlet in our tea room.
Its for Techni Ice and eskys they sell.... If you are into camping or want a high quality Mash Tun these look the goods and are really cheap from the factory outlet. They are in the Frankston, VIC area. think I will be checking it out over the weekend.

www.techniice.com

That's what I was thinking.

They look great and well priced. If I think about upgrading from my 26 L at any time I reckon one of these will be the go.

mines pretty much the same as the ones above and 50L.
they hold heat really well.
another advantage is that the drain plug is 3/4" bsp thread which makes modifying the outlet for a valve and putting a manifold in extremely easy.

heres the one bought a while ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/50L-SQUARE-Light-Bl...=item2c533d5acd
this squarer version is better also as it gives a deeper grain bed

cheers,

Stewart

I just bought a Techni Ice. The eski itself looks great and they should hold heat well. However, if you are trying to fit a bulkhead and tap, you may have problems. I am having trouble fitting my Beerbelly bulkhead as getting a proper sized silicone seal on it is difficult due to the position of the drain hole.

I just bought a Techni Ice. The eski itself looks great and they should hold heat well. However, if you are trying to fit a bulkhead and tap, you may have problems. I am having trouble fitting my Beerbelly bulkhead as getting a proper sized silicone seal on it is difficult due to the position of the drain hole.

you just need a 1" to 1/2" reducing bush, that's what I used on my 60L one,
and cut out the "grille" inside the bunghole

whats a bulkhead?

the thing that goes through the wall of the esky that you fit the tap to on the outside and the thing you use on the inside, false bottom, slotted manifold etc.

i just got a techniice esky 110l last week and they keep cold well i have had my fermenter sitting around 10 degrees whith a techniice ice pack that you get with the esky

cheers

nath

so just a piece of all-thread i guess?
why cant you just use teflon tape to seal it?

I got a 50L round jobby from this ebay seller.
Got it for $80 including delivery to WA :super: .
Heat loss is minimal and it is very well built.

I run a very similar tun, a 'big chilli' brand, and have, by fault, mashed for 2 1/2 hours before... dropped 1 degree....

Mine is 100L, won at auction on ebay for 112.50, and I know other brewers who run 100L Techni Ice brand MT's, and like them, I swear by it if you are gonna run a eski type tun.

Spend well, spend once.

2c.

View attachment 35980

Hey Doogiechap, Have you got any photos of said 50L round cooler?

I need to upgrade my mashtun & this could be a good option @ $80 del to Perth.

Cheers, Clinton.

Hi mate,
It was a factory second (unsure what the issue is it looks fine to me). Coming out of summer is a good time to bid on these.
Brewery_Small.jpg

yer i have the 110L techni. just be aware though that the drain hole in anything bigger than the 80L is way off centre and you actually have to drill a new hole in the centre. great esky and mine dosnt even drop 1 degree over several hours. if ur in melbourne you can drive straight to the techni ice outlet in franskton and buy direct or play your chances on ebay. beerbelly falsie in these and you are set.

DSC00395.JPG

yer i have the 110L techni. just be aware though that the drain hole in anything bigger than the 80L is way off centre and you actually have to drill a new hole in the centre. great esky and mine dosnt even drop 1 degree over several hours. if ur in melbourne you can drive straight to the techni ice outlet in franskton and buy direct or play your chances on ebay. beerbelly falsie in these and you are set.

Why is it that im always tempted to upgrade something! :beerbang:

Unfortunatly it wont enable me to make better beer at this stage as my heat losses are always <2deg over an hour.

Back