Quantcast

Emersons Ipa

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

hamstringsally

Reaction score
Tried it the other day for the first time and loved it. any clones or suggestions for hop additions?

cheers

neonmeate

hello
Reaction score
first time i had it 8 or 9 years ago it was very fugglesy, traditional (although presumably NZ grown) english sort of hop flavour. then it seems to have got a bit more cascadey lately. NZ cascade i'm assuming. i'd go something like 1055 of pale malt with a pinch of crystal and maybe some munich, 50 IBU of NZ cascade + maybe NZ styrian/goldings/saaz

hamstringsally

Reaction score
first time i had it 8 or 9 years ago it was very fugglesy, traditional (although presumably NZ grown) english sort of hop flavour. then it seems to have got a bit more cascadey lately. NZ cascade i'm assuming. i'd go something like 1055 of pale malt with a pinch of crystal and maybe some munich, 50 IBU of NZ cascade + maybe NZ styrian/goldings/saaz

nice one. yeah i thought it was rather high in the ibu's. love a hoppy beer these days

neonmeate

hello
Reaction score
nice one. yeah i thought it was rather high in the ibu's. love a hoppy beer these days
it's a nice beer. post back and let us know what you end up making and how it compares, i could go something like that for my next brew. although i think it's one of those well made beers where process and fine details would really make the beer rather than just choice of ingredients.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
this is a recipe i would love to have a go at,i visited the brewery a few years back got to sample the brews from the bright tanks at 9 in the morning.
made my trip that did. ....cheers....spog.......

Latest posts