Effects Of Filtering On Natural Carbonation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinhi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in hearing other peoples experiences with filtering beer to kegs and bottles, and what effects this had on natural carb results.

I have a 1 micron filter and want to try natural carbing/bottle conditioning in my kegs and bottles. :icon_chickcheers:

i have some beer i bottled 4 weeks ago, it was passed through a filter first and primed with a carb drop

i'll put one in the fridge now and tell you after lunch

This topic comes up regularly, carbing up with a 1 micron filter is not a problem it just takes longer.

I have been bottling with this method your some years typically bottles take 4 weeks.

Cheers,
BB

This topic comes up regularly, carbing up with a 1 micron filter is not a problem it just takes longer.

I have been bottling with this method your some years typically bottles take 4 weeks.

Cheers,
BB

Thanks BB,

I hope you lunch beer goes down great Don, I'm gonna go ahead and try it this arvo.

Thanks BB,

I hope you lunch beer goes down great Don, I'm gonna go ahead and try it this arvo.

If you are filtering keg-keg for keg service, carbonate in keg & then filter under pressure.
look for the gravity feed method - works a charm and if everything's cold, no loss of carbonation,
Chris

i have some beer i bottled 4 weeks ago, it was passed through a filter first and primed with a carb drop

i'll put one in the fridge now and tell you after lunch

they have been at a steady 18 degrees for the full 4 weeks and still not fully carbed, nearly, but not completely

perhaps another week or 2 will see them through

Latest posts

Back