Effect of lockdowns on home brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankinoz

Reaction score
Maybe some of the brewing suppliers can answer the question about COVID's effect on business.

I've probably brewed more during the lockdowns as we're restricted to 5km from home detention in Danistan, fortunately I started buying full sacks of grain and bulk hops after lockdown #4 so I don't go into my LHBS anything like as often as I used too, when I do it's a long visit because we have plenty to talk about

I'm stocked up with enough ingredients to probably last me a year. But I'm scared of what happens when I run out of CO2 haha.

I'm stocked up with enough ingredients to probably last me a year. But I'm scared of what happens when I run out of CO2 haha.
Just make some CO2 in a keg or pressure fermenter with some yeast and sugar, inline regulator and you have your own CO2 factory.

Just double checked I have enough CO2 but run out of beer gas. That's a bit trickier to make.
Just as we go into lockdown as well. Maybe if the going get's tough I'll have to serve the stout on the beer engine!

Back