Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GMK said:
Ok...Found A 380ltr Chest freezer.

Found a 380ltr Chest Freezer in Pankhurst Sydney..
Link...http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20713&item=3824616405&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Item description:
380L Chest Freezer - old but still in good working order.
Size of Freezer is 1300 long 800 high and 650 wide.

3 days to go - currently 1.25 buys it...

Someone got a bargain............

380L Chest Freezer

Jase

Johnno

I've used a 20L urn as a HLT for as long as I can remember and have found it to be more than adequate. It's very rare that you will require anything bigger. Not a bad price either.

Steve

Thanks SteveSA,
So this will do well for an all grain brew then.

cheers

johnno said:
Thanks SteveSA,
So this will do well for an all grain brew then.

cheers
Johnno,
Think bigger is better. You want to do full wort boils. If it only holds 20 litres your batch size is limited to 20 litres

i think 30 ltr is really needed - this is what i use

I used a 20lt for a long time , 30lt would be better but you can make do , I just refilled the urn after mash in and it was easy up to sparge temperture in time
$40 sounds good to me Johnno , get you started for a few years anyway , and I am sure you would not loose on it , someone is always looking for an urn

I wonder what variety these are:

Hops

Jase

Jase said:

Hops

Jase
They're seeds, so they won't be true to style regardless. Could be interesting though.

Hops

Jase

I notice the seller is in the US.... Not sure that Aus quarantine will be too happy letting them into the country..... <_<

Asher for now

Nice looking bit of gear.... and I'm in Brisbane. Might struggle to wrangle $300 out of the budget, but that is how it goes. Not really much (if at all) better than a standard chest freezer, and is well overpriced compared to a chest type.

Dreamboat

Currently $85 not bad for two taps if you are in the market.

link

you guys are great at pointing out bargains.. i have been lurking but not sure about posting.

i found a glass carboy and some taps on ebay and figured i would share with you all... hehehe lets see if i can remember how to do this link thing..

ebay stuff

Thanks, Shiny. Welcome to the forum!

That drip tray looks exactly what I'm after - shame it a Sydney pick-up only :(

- Snow.

Spotted these on ebay today and first thing that came to mind was Doc.

Kiwi Tap Tops

Do you think that they would fit on andales?

Jase

Cool taps Jase.
What you see is the tap handles that have been removed from the taps themselves. If you look closely at the pictures you notice the silver ball piece on the bottom and the wedge below it. The wedge below it actually fits into the tap itself. As it is they will not fit an Anandale or Lancer tap. I don't recall the name of the tap type.
However if they are like all others I've seen like that, either the tap will just pull off the ball or the gold nob on top of the tap will unscrew and you can remove the handle part.
Then you could attach them to your Anandale or Lancer pull down tap.

Happy bidding.
Beers,
Doc

Hi,

Just found this - no bids only just over a day to go.
Here is a homebrew equipment and keg setup with gas bottle and beer guns.
Looks excellent value for 400.00.
Local pickup in Plumpton NSW
Here is the description:
Home brew system. Includes 2 x 80 litre kegs...1x 20 litre keg...2x18 litre kegs. plus hoses. taps,regulators heat exchanger and a full cylinder of CO2 gas. 3x 50 litre...4x 20 litre fermenting drums...hoses, bottles, bottle washer, bottle capper, bottle tree, caps etc...too many extras to list.

Will suit serious home brewer or a beginner wanting to brew on a much larger scale. Brew once a year...220 litres in one sitting then relax and enjoy the produce for the rest of the year. If you have the space, time and love the taste and cost effectiveness of home brewed beer, this is the setup for you.

Includes Bottle tree and stand i think...

Here is the link...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...6110003517&rd=1

Happy bidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back