Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geez, looks like a couple of those fermenters have seen better days.

Doc

here is a fridge in Brisbane -

Description:
Modified Westinghouse 381L Freezamate. Ex freezer converted to fridge.

As you can see from the photos this fridge has been set up specially for the home brewer.Includes hole for gas line and lock for added security from kids etc.

I maintain temperature at 4 degrees to ensure a cold beer. Can even freeze.

I have upgraded to a commercial fridge which holds 8 kegs.

THIS IS A PICK UP ONLY (STH BRISBANE). NOTE ONLY THE FRIDGE IS FOR SALE NOT ANY OF THE BEER,LINES OR KEGS.

Link is
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...6112456459&rd=1

2 days to go and currently 1.00

Happy bidding...

Check this out if you live in Vic and can get to Gippsland with a trailer.

A coolroom - here is the description...500.00 no bids yet - 9 days to go.

COOLROOM WITH GLASS DISPLAY DOORS.

This coolroom is an older style internal fixed unit in good working order. It would be ideal for the avid hunter or fisherman. or as a second or back up coolroom. The glass doors and shelving are in very good condition.

It measures approximately 3 metres square. The unit is to be dismantled and moved by the winning bidder.

For further information please phone Adam on 0418 366 534.

GMK said:
Description:
Modified Westinghouse 381L Freezamate. Ex freezer converted to fridge.
That is exactly the model my keg fridge was (until it died the other week).
If you leave in the vege bins at the bottom and put another wire shelf in you can get 3 x 18/20 litre kegs in it.

Beers,
Doc

Hey Doc, i already have a beer fridge, but need something to lager in. Do you know if you can fit multiple cubes or fermenters in it?

jgriffin said:
Hey Doc, i already have a beer fridge, but need something to lager in. Do you know if you can fit multiple cubes or fermenters in it?
Multiple cubes yes. Multiple fermenters maybe pushing it as it isn't all that deep and you can't remove the butter conditioner in the door without replacing the door liner. At a pinch if you got the 30 litre tall screw lid fermenters you might squeeze it two.
Cubes would be a better bet.

Doc

Doc,

Just curious. But what type of cubes do you use?

Cheers,
Jase

Jase said:
Just curious. But what type of cubes do you use?
Jase,

I don't. I cold condition in the secondary fermenter primarily because I don't brew a lot of lagers.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
jgriffin said:
Multiple cubes yes. Multiple fermenters maybe pushing it as it isn't all that deep and you can't remove the butter conditioner in the door without replacing the door liner. At a pinch if you got the 30 litre tall screw lid fermenters you might squeeze it two.
Cubes would be a better bet.

Doc
jgriffin,
I have the exact same fridge. I picked it up for a keg fridge but that has had to be put on hold for the moment. I have the willow cubes (20 Litre). You can easily fit 3 down the bottom. Good fridge I reckon. If You could somehoe get a reinforced shelve above those you could fit more up the top.

cheers

Doc said:
.....you can't remove the butter conditioner in the door without replacing the door liner.
With my last keg fridge that went to fridge heaven I took the fridge seal off, pulled off the liner and put a piece of sheet tin on, then seal back on. This gave me a fair bit more room inside the fridge so I could fit 5 kegs at once.

Corey,

Do they have all fittings :huh:, I don't mean to raise concern but if that picture is correct it looks as though a lot are missing lids (7 of 9) and posts (3-4 of 9), not to mention the possibility of poppets, pressure release valves and diptubes that you can't see. If that's the case be prepared to chase the parts down from RCB in the states or somewhere other than Australia otherwise the parts costs here are going to drive that price right up real quick.

In Australia lids are in the order of $38.90 each if you don't have one to exchange. Posts are $20 each, poppets $7.50 each, diptubes $17.50 each then pressure release valves $8.70 upwards. Then some oring kits at about $10 each. These prices are from Kegsystems as of last year.

If you do need the parts I can personally recommend RCB equipment as the cheapest supplier of parts that I was able to find. I just hope it doesn't work out that it would have been cheaper to buy whole working kegs from either here or the states. Best of luck with it anyway, hope it all works out.

Cheers and good luck with it all.

Justin

View attachment Keg_systems_Price_List_JANUARY_20031.xls

I was aware of the missing parts when I bought the kegs. I'm planning to order a fair bit of stuff from RCB once I've had a chance to evaluate exactly what I need.

I was going to order taps, shanks etc. from RCB in the near future anyway.

Ah good to hear. I went the same route as you with buying kegs that needed parts (I didn't buy them until I found out what parts I needed, what were available and how much they were). But I nearly didn't buy them after I priced the parts in Australia as they would have ended up costing more that buying whole working kegs. But when I found RCB and did the calc's it all worked out good so I bought them and then just got all the parts I needed from RCB. They were very helpful with me and I bought quite a few parts off them for very good prices. My kegs came out at about $45-$50 each including the postage. Good luck with it.

Cheers, Justin

I'm hoping that the kegs will only have costed me about $40 each by the time I have replaced the parts that I need to.

The price difference between the U.S and Aus is criminal. It's a shame we don't have a bigger market for the stuff in Aus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back