Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmysuperlative said:
immersion heater

This one about to go ...$40. Nearly went myself!! ;)
Thanks for that Jimmy
I have no need for it really but at $40 I am now the proud owner :eek: :eek:

I am sure it will come in handy one day , I know I am sucker for any AG type gear :p

Do tell the trouble and strife :eek: :(

Batz

Bloody hell !!! :eek: :eek:

I meant DO NOT tell the trouble and strife :eek: :eek:

Batz

GMK said:
Mainlky for sydney siders...

But will post...
Hello, Earth to GMK

This is from Ebay

"Will arrange for local pickup only (no postage)."

Cheers
Pedro

if u read the whole e-bay post - i asked a question that they posted the answer to - they would post to Adelaide.

If u cant read the whole e-bay page - i will have to get the NaziMan with the big OAK stick to come over there.... :ph34r:

:lol:
sounds like someone has it in for the oak stick weilder. ;)

GMK said:
if u read the whole e-bay post - i asked a question that they posted the answer to - they would post to Adelaide.

If u cant read the whole e-bay page - i will have to get the NaziMan with the big OAK stick to come over there.... :ph34r:
errr GMK.

I was kind in what I posted before, but as the seller can't work out how to post it, how does someone expect to receive it. For those who can't access ebay

"I would be prepared to mail to Adelaide but after looking on the Australia Post web page I can not work out the cost or even whether it can be mailed due to it's size"

Jase

The thermostat is currentlywired for heating:

"Heat source is plugged into thermostat by a power cord"

It should be capable of being rewired for cooling, but you might want to check.

Cheers
MAH

A tad off the ebay subject - but if anyone is looking for a drill to power their mill, The Reject Shop are selling varial speed drills for $15.

The same drill at Bunnings is also being sold at $16.88.

They're hammer drills - but just turn the "hammer" off.

How the hell do they sell drills so cheap......Almost a good enough excuse to buy a mill......Might try it on the missus.

Hi Plastic man, I have one of the bunnings jobs for my mill (XU1-1/2" hammer drill) but I don't really like it for milling. I find it doesn't have enough torque to crush my grain at the speed I'd like to crush at and it keeps stalling. So I end up getting these bursts of speed when I have to get the drill going again, and the drill smells-I'm guessing it will burn out pretty soon doing this. When it goes fast it shreds the hell out of my husks.

I use a BC mill. I'm now playing with a wiper motor for milling. It works great and I get a fantastic crush but I've got to find a better 12V power source. I've been using a 12V-5Amp battery charger but I keep blowing fuses. It will run for a while then get over loaded. I reckon I need at least a 6-7amp supply but when I find that I'm set.

This is just my opinion though, others may think different.

Cheers mate.
Justin

Justin: tried AT computer power supplies? If you get decent ones, they'll pull about 8 A on the + 12 V rail if you load up the +5 V rail a bit. And the best bit is they're only $5 or so these days. :)

I use an XU1 on my barley crusher and it goes great guns. Crushes well and never stalls. It does get very hot after 20kg, but no smoke.

Anything named after a classic Torana must be good.

I was thinking about speed reducers and the likes for using a drill to power my mill........ then it came to me!
Use an old set of kitchen beaters, these have heaps of torque in low gear....
Asher for now

Justin

Thanks for feedback. I'll give it a whirl anyway. At $15 its a cheap experiement. Let us know how the wiper motors go.

Got home to find a new Bunnings catalogue. The drill is down to $14.88. Must be drill price war in progess........

Thanks again!!

Asher why don't you try and look for an old two speed electric drill that has reduction gearing. Have a look through the cashies and make sure it works ok but is shitty looking that way you can beat them down on price. Most two speed electric drills with variable speed will work well in low gear for milling. I just connect my rotary hammer drill to my marga mill and run it at about 1/2 speed (~300rpm) in low range. It works well, it also works ok at full speed in low range but the Marga mill sounds like it is about to take off!

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back