• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you just contact ebay and let them handle it.

also if you have his address, you can send some fellas over there to have a chat. im available at a rate of a couple beers for a few hours work ;)

Q, I am also available at CM2 rates should the need arise. But do go through ebay, stick it to him mate.

+1 - very good link. I'd go via ebay's dispute resolution process and then on to small claims. It's a headache, but probably well worth it.

worth noting that a quick look small claims in Vic done through VCAT

http://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/CA256DBB0022825...~&2=~&3=~

And more importantly you can get specific performance not just damages which a lot of people think when they look at small claims - fee for lodging is $35 or so for a claim under the fair trading act (broadly the same as Trade practices but state based for non company situations)

i asked this seller whether the kegs for sale were ball or pin lock. this was his response:
You can see in the picture - they call then Post Mix kegs - all have the same connection to your beer tap device

knob. he doesnt know a dip tube form his ar*ehole. i kindly explained that you can have differant posts. he clerly didnt buy them from G&G as he oesnt have a clue about these items.

edit: hmm just rereading the guys item description it does say ball lock. must have missed that. still i recon he doesnt have a clue.

Cheap new grain scales

Does max 23kg in 5g increments.

Ebay Linky

Buy it now $40 + postage of $15

Not sure how good they would be but they are the right price.

Hmmm
I won the auction, but didn't want to say anything until I knew the transaction was successful. I'm always wary about buying off of people with 1 rating or less. Turns out I was right to do that, sent the guy my number after being unsuccessful in getting onto him on the phone. Rang him last night...

Absolute time wasting F$&ckr.

Told me he didn't want to sell for less then a grand.....(ummm well why list on ebay for less than a grand ya knob!!!!!!!!!!)
I said I'd be happy just to take 5 kegs and the fridge for a fair price, could he ring me back after he's had a think/discuss.... Didn't even have the decency to ring back and say yes to an offer or no, that he'd prefer to sell it all together.

You guys are welcome to try and deal with him but.... who knows.

Q

i'm with the others q......... if you don't get anywhere with the ebay dispute process i'd be more than happy to head round to this guys place with you and....... well, you know.......... ask him nicely?

let me know

cheers

christmasbender

i asked this seller whether the kegs for sale were ball or pin lock. this was his response:
You can see in the picture - they call then Post Mix kegs - all have the same connection to your beer tap device

knob. he doesnt know a dip tube form his ar*ehole. i kindly explained that you can have differant posts. he clerly didnt buy them from G&G as he oesnt have a clue about these items.

edit: hmm just rereading the guys item description it does say ball lock. must have missed that. still i recon he doesnt have a clue.

LOL

sorry about the bum steer.

Here is a commercial wok burner that my housemate is selling. Its a very neat unit, just pulled out of one of those noodle joints. You can see it has a bit of a lip around the rim and a 50L kettle fits this perfectly. I dont have much of a use for it as I dont have a natural gas outlet in the garage as would be needed to use as is and already got working LPG burners. The item desciption doesn't really point it out, but it has a pilot (the red knob) and a main burner.

WOK BURNER

Hmmm
I won the auction, but didn't want to say anything until I knew the transaction was successful. I'm always wary about buying off of people with 1 rating or less. Turns out I was right to do that, sent the guy my number after being unsuccessful in getting onto him on the phone. Rang him last night...

Absolute time wasting F$&ckr.

Told me he didn't want to sell for less then a grand.....(ummm well why list on ebay for less than a grand ya knob!!!!!!!!!!)
I said I'd be happy just to take 5 kegs and the fridge for a fair price, could he ring me back after he's had a think/discuss.... Didn't even have the decency to ring back and say yes to an offer or no, that he'd prefer to sell it all together.

You guys are welcome to try and deal with him but.... who knows.

Q
The guy has it listed again but this time with a buy it now price of $1100........

Good luck to anyone who decides to deal with this guy
Stuff for sale

Ooooooo - Hey's just asking for trouble now...
Who's for a bidding war?
Let's see how he likes time-wasters in reverse!

haha lets do it. If he's wasted a fellow AussieHomeBrewer's time, we all have a duty to waste his!

haha lets do it. If he's wasted a fellow AussieHomeBrewer's time, we all have a duty to waste his!

Negative feedback cant be left for buyers, however a non-payment strike can be added to a buyers account, but I dont know if that can be seen by the general public.

Anyone got a trash ebay account to waste someones time.

Negative feedback cant be left for buyers, however a non-payment strike can be added to a buyers account, but I dont know if that can be seen by the general public.

Anyone got a trash ebay account to waste someones time.
Good point - easy enough to create a new ebay account to have a little fun (and he probably doesn't know how to restrict the bidding process).
The "Buy it Now" should be removed once the first bid is made.

Want to kick it off Q?

carefull. if ebay match ip address to your other account you'll be permabanned.

carefull. if ebay match ip address to your other account you'll be permabanned.

Just change your IP before creating a new account; From a DOS window or Start-Run-Command, type this -
ipconfig /release

Then type -
ipconfig /renew

Then after you create the new account, repeat the above before accessing your original ebay account

Back