• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting 80L keg

Maybe not for a keg but good start for a kettle for someone who can weld...

GAD! Why didn't I think of it before?

S/S automotive LPG tanks with a multi-valve fitting can no longer be tested for date compliance. Heaps of them end up at a scrap metal yard and head over to China in shreds, What a fantastic liquid storage idea. Would have saved me butchering 4 X 19L screw lid kegs.

GAD! Why didn't I think of it before?

S/S automotive LPG tanks with a multi-valve fitting can no longer be tested for date compliance. Heaps of them end up at a scrap metal yard and head over to China in shreds, What a fantastic liquid storage idea. Would have saved me butchering 4 X 19L screw lid kegs.

Wouldn't the LP seep into the metal somehow? How you you clean it to make it food grade? Dunno if this would be food grade. Curious idea though. I guess if you got one before the LP was in it that would be different, but I'm not sure if I would trust this personally.

Have seen S/S 44 gal drums re-used in brewing that previously stored ethanol (think its on this thread) but ethanol would be less toxic than LP yeah?

Hopper.

Wouldn't the LP seep into the metal somehow? How you you clean it to make it food grade? Dunno if this would be food grade. Curious idea though. I guess if you got one before the LP was in it that would be different, but I'm not sure if I would trust this personally.

Have seen S/S 44 gal drums re-used in brewing that previously stored ethanol (think its on this thread) but ethanol would be less toxic than LP yeah?

Hopper.

There was a whole thread on this exact topic once.... can't seem to dig it up but its in here somewhere!

Yeah there was a thread, from memory Dr Smurto said something along the lines of just wash it out with petrol, then detergent, then napisan then water and it should be good. Stainless is not very porous, so should not soak anything up.

If someone has already had wine in it then it would be fine for beer.

There was a whole thread on this exact topic once.... can't seem to dig it up but its in here somewhere!

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=31296

Interesting link. Seems like a lot of trouble to still have the risk of setting yourself on fire with a spark from an angle grinder (if you got one that had held straight LP previously) - but nothing like a challenge! Anyone considering buying one of those things that held anything flamable should definately read that link.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

Hopper.
Rinse it out with petrol, then paint thinner, then metho, then water.

Then use your normal cleaning and sanitising regime.

Hi everyone. Has anyone previously bought cheap digital scales 5kg from ebay? For example this type:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-5000g-1g-...93%3A1|294%3A50

There appear to be lots of these from AusRiver for about $10, and was wondering if anyone can recommend these. Thanks.

Dunno about those in particular, but I got some cheap digi scales 5kg/1g a while back. Haven't skipped a bit, and are are as accurate as I can measure them to be.

Well the hop madness has officially kicked off on evilbay this year Chinook Rhizome over $50

quick bump on this one, ending in 2 hours. only $630.00 ATM.

Bar/Beer on tap Commercial Quality up to 4 beers

_BSBFMn_BGk___KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV5L_BKBBDhMBHg___1.JPG

glycol, etc. ready to roll. no affil just a stunning bar.. if only i had the room.

reVox

Latest posts

Back