• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't see how this bar is worth over $6k

Yet you buy a car from a car dealer? (an assumption)

Same thing, because "For every seat there is an ass!" Someone will believe it and pay the money!

Nice looking bar, by the way!

Seems to be the standard ebay two tap font offering. Though the price does seem pretty good.

I have seen one of these (similar) in person, and it was nice, but not brilliant. Saw it brand new, not connected to anything or pouring anything.

Cheers SJ

I think thats a case of you get what you pay for Rev...

Probably the Chrome plating would start peeling off etc etc..

:( Thats what I was worried about, ive also seen some chrome taps go mega feral after only a few pours, but man, that price is so tempting!

Was looking at the craft brewer font, the font is stainless steel, but the taps are still chrome and look like they may be the same type? so what would the difference be? Its the taps im worried about going feral, not too concerned about the Tower itself...

:( Thats what I was worried about, ive also seen some chrome taps go mega feral after only a few pours, but man, that price is so tempting!

Seriously mate, If it was me and I wanted a Font, I would wait and save and get a good one, less dramas and this one doesnt seem to be flooded aswell..

Ive just seen the issues all these guys seem to be having with their kegerators because they are cheap??? ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Seriously mate, If it was me and I wanted a Font, I would wait and save and get a good one, less dramas and this one doesnt seem to be flooded aswell..

Ive just seen the issues all these guys seem to be having with their kegerators because they are cheap??? ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Would you feel the same if you were only getting $50 a week? ;) Ive allready got the chest freezer, is this font specifically for a kegmate type set up?

Id build a bar around picnic taps if I could, but I think it would look wrong :lol:

Would you feel the same if you were only getting $50 a week? ;) Ive allready got the chest freezer, is this font specifically for a kegmate type set up?

Id build a bar around picnic taps if I could, but I think it would look wrong :lol:

Shit, sorry mate.. :( I think they can be used for whatever application hey.. :unsure: Yes, no, picnics just wouldnt be right.. Ive got picnics and have a Celli sitting in a Box, after going to NickB's on the weekend and using a Beer Tap, I really need to get another Celli and install them on the fridge.... Much easier hey..

Shit, sorry mate.. :(

Its all good, it is by personal choice of course, I do actually have a job that pays me more than $50 a week :lol:

Im seriously considering it eh, $125 NZD for a font with two taps is a steal, even if they are shit... At the mo I only have one picnic tap lol, so it would still be a major upgrade..

Im keen to know if they are the same chromed taps that craftbrewer sells with their fonts?

Check out this bling, even has a false bottom. Auction ending today -
Link to auction

3624377_1926208.jpg

3624377_1926209.jpg

Its all good, it is by personal choice of course, I do actually have a job that pays me more than $50 a week :lol:

Im seriously considering it eh, $125 NZD for a font with two taps is a steal, even if they are shit... At the mo I only have one picnic tap lol, so it would still be a major upgrade..

Im keen to know if they are the same chromed taps that craftbrewer sells with their fonts?
If it gives you a few months worth of use, it's worth it. Even if the chrome does peel off, it should still work fine, just look a bit off (and occasionally have to strain the chrome floaties with your teeth)

If it gives you a few months worth of use, it's worth it. Even if the chrome does peel off, it should still work fine, just look a bit off (and occasionally have to strain the chrome floaties with your teeth)

Well said mate :icon_cheers:

Turns out, I probably wont need it, ive been kindly given two chrome plated brass taps for free! Awesome! Albeit without handles or shanks, but hey, beggars cant be choosers...

Reckon it would be a difficult task for a metal fabricator to knock up a font tower easy enough? I happen to have one moving in downstairs in about a weeks time :rolleyes:

I'm looking at heating elements for a single stockpot to mash at 67 degrees using a thermostat and subsequently boil the wort

I've come across some on ebay linky

What I want to know is if there is any bad joo-joos with having the rubber grommet in the wort during the boil. Can anyone enlighten me?

Reckon it would be a difficult task for a metal fabricator to knock up a font tower easy enough? I happen to have one moving in downstairs in about a weeks time :rolleyes:

Depends how complicated you want the tower to be, but short answer is no, it should be simple.

Cheers SJ

What rubber grommet? You mean one for your temp probe? Depends what the grommet's made out of, and its temperature and pressure ratings. Most cheap grommets/glands, I suspect, aren't food grade and wouldn't handle submersion without leaking.

You do realise that's a flanged element, and you therefore need a flange welded onto your mashtun?

Back