• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are permitted to have two ebay accounts as long as they don't interact.

Batz

that's assuming your PC's responsible for the internet IP address lease (and you're using windows). Most people will likely have a DSL router/modem doing that for them.. You'll need to do the equivalent on the modem/router, which is device specific. Or for a dialup user, just disconnect and redial.

that's assuming your PC's responsible for the internet IP address lease (and you're using windows). Most people will likely have a DSL router/modem doing that for them.. You'll need to do the equivalent on the modem/router, which is device specific. Or for a dialup user, just disconnect and redial.

It's getting a bit off topic, but I use a cable modem via optus and I can change IP with those commands

haha lets do it. If he's wasted a fellow AussieHomeBrewer's time, we all have a duty to waste his!

While it sucks that it wasted my time, I don't want to be vindictive about it. Yeah it sucks that I/others lost out on a great deal originally just let it be, hopefully he doesn't stuff anyone else around now that he has a price on it that he is happy to sell at.

Thanks for your support moral or otherwise tho guys, brightened my day up at the time.

Cheers
Q

Hey Q, you could always create a new user, hit the buy it now button, go to pick it up (cash on delivery) and give him the amount you won it for in the first place. Let's see him crawl outta that. I think there'd be a few of us that would be happy to make the pick-up trip with ya. B)

edit: and if he doesn't accept, at least his time has been wasted again (plus good laughs all around - and beers afterwards! :beer:

Here is the link for finding limited info of a person you have won an item from, are the highest bidder on or you are a seller of an ended item;

http://shop.ebay.com.au/ebayadvsearch/__W0...ndtypeZ9?_rdc=1

Info is limited to what the other person has registered with, like suburb, email and contact phone number. If the the person has changed address, email or phone number without updating with eBay, then you may not be able to contact them - a direct violation of eBay policy, so reporting them will either get them to update their info correctly or earn them a buying/selling ban.

I personally have had 3 or 4 members banned from eBay via this feature. (reporting the fact to eBay) Trouble is, they can change their IP and register as a new user.

Lets here it for the honest people and the dishonest people can cry about it all you like.

damn right ebay, trading post etc. is supposed to be an honest place for people trying to sell and buying things spamming it full of useless junk only irritates and wastes the time of honest people especially brewers. that time could be well spent making gorgeous amber liquid

...or you could just read the description with his name and phone number in it.

great link RK... looks like there is definite precedence...

Qintrex... would def recommend at least lodging a complaint with eBay via their dispute resolution process.

Brendo
Yeah...i dealt with them yesterday re an item i sold and the guy was in Qld for a local ick-up only...in Melbourne....idiot
Ebay were really good....there is a program they have for dispute resoltiuon.....start it !
but
you could always post his number and the whole forum could ring enquiring about his gear ..lol...that'd be way funny...
How many calls do you think he'd get before he blew a fuse lol
Cheers
Ferg

"Another" trying to sell 50ltr Kegs.. They have no idea..

:icon_offtopic:

However, because it's a public holiday weekend in QLD, I suspect eBay Police are away for the day/week. Lets bid this up to 4 or 5 thousand dollars in the mean-time! Bidders can't get NEGATIVE feedback on stolen stuff!

Home brew 'bottles' listed in Southport, QLD. 99c currently

Probably will stay that way as the mad hatter hasn't listed how many he has for sale :lol:

Maybe he just finished two long necks and wants to flog them?!

Hopper.

Back