• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was not one of the fine brewers who frequent this fine website then I hope the kegs are all pinlock kegs......HAHAHA

P.S That also goes for Geelong supporters......... :lol:

SS Mesh, he has several listings, looks like a pretty fair price.
View attachment 26298
MHB

Mine tured up in the post today. Good price for a great product.

Now need to work out the best way to attach to the bottom of my 9inch false bottom and then what other uses I can put the rest to...hmmm
cliffo

I saw a Fowlers Vacola sterilizer in the Victorian trading post today for $150. It must only be a print ad, because I can't find it online. I was interested in buying it, but convinced my mum to give me hers for free, so I can give you the pertinent details:

it's in Sandringham, VIC
ph 0425719073

It's an oringal S/S one, approx 10 years old according to the seller. I think they're ~35L

KEG Special in Kyneton VIC

buy now $600

2- Regulators, 1- Pluto Gun

10- 19 Litre S/Steel Kegs

340 Litre Fridge Freezer modified to hold 3- 19 Litre S/S Kegs

1- E Size Tavern Gas Bottle (exchangable)

5- Pub flick type Bar taps c/w C.U.Breweries logo Tops screw on

fridge door has 3 taps mounted into it providing cold grog aided by Tav Gas outside of the actual unit

Works perfectly, all clean and tidy, excellent condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOME-BREW_W0QQitemZ...A1%7C240%3A1318

Hmmm
I won the auction, but didn't want to say anything until I knew the transaction was successful. I'm always wary about buying off of people with 1 rating or less. Turns out I was right to do that, sent the guy my number after being unsuccessful in getting onto him on the phone. Rang him last night...

Absolute time wasting F$&ckr.

Told me he didn't want to sell for less then a grand.....(ummm well why list on ebay for less than a grand ya knob!!!!!!!!!!)
I said I'd be happy just to take 5 kegs and the fridge for a fair price, could he ring me back after he's had a think/discuss.... Didn't even have the decency to ring back and say yes to an offer or no, that he'd prefer to sell it all together.

You guys are welcome to try and deal with him but.... who knows.

Q

Bad luck Q, i hope this guy gets black-listed on ebay. I'd say that he's got an obligation to sell all the listed items to you for the buy it now price and suggest you push it. It'll ensure a lesson is learned (him, not you). then just out of spite, break it up and onsell any of the items you don't want.

(perhaps claim a discount for any fees {legal or otherwise} incurred for his misconduct)

Bad luck Q, i hope this guy gets black-listed on ebay. I'd say that he's got an obligation to sell all the listed items to you for the buy it now price and suggest you push it. It'll ensure a lesson is learned (him, not you). then just out of spite, break it up and onsell any of the items you don't want.

(perhaps claim a discount for any fees {legal or otherwise} incurred for his misconduct)

+1

Quintrex... I would go him... by putting it up for sale on ebay and having the auction end with a sale, he has entered into a contract with him. At the very least, he should be reported to eBay and negative feedback left.

Gotta love a timewaster...

Brendo

+1

Quintrex... I would go him... by putting it up for sale on ebay and having the auction end with a sale, he has entered into a contract with him. At the very least, he should be reported to eBay and negative feedback left.

Gotta love a timewaster...

Brendo

I agree however unfortunately he has the power, I can't make him hand over the goods for the amount. Plus if I organize hiring a ute like I was going to(to pick it up) and make the trip to kyneton and he stuffs me round, it'll just be worse. He can just make a new account on ebay if I leave him negative feedback. I'm sure it'd be a totally different story if I broke the contract though.

Q

I agree however unfortunately he has the power, I can't make him hand over the goods for the amount. Plus if I organize hiring a ute like I was going to(to pick it up) and make the trip to kyneton and he stuffs me round, it'll just be worse. He can just make a new account on ebay if I leave him negative feedback. I'm sure it'd be a totally different story if I broke the contract though.

Q

yeah... it is pretty shitty... twas a great deal... bugger...

Brendo

Q
You may not be able to, but the small claims tribunal could. If you're willing to gamble the $50 filing fee, that is. You just have to figure out what your damages really are...

you just contact ebay and let them handle it.

also if you have his address, you can send some fellas over there to have a chat. im available at a rate of a couple beers for a few hours work ;)

I was eyeing off this item - shame it was too good to be true, would have been a great buy.

I know with ebay they have a dispute resolution process of some sort - they definately have it with Paypal but for other resolutions you need to check it out directly with Ebay.

There is a section on the site where you can live chat with an ebay person and get some help. There they can point you in the right direction as to how to register your issue and get it resolved.

I believe that once you're entered into a purchase agreement with the seller it has to stand, so potentially - this guy could get himself in a bit of trouble. Not sure if what he's done is illegal but he's treading a fine line if he lists at a price then refuses to sell. There are things like the trade practices act for a reason.

He shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. You should definately leave negative feedback for the guy if he's let you down - he shouldn't be allowed to try it on someone else and re-list this item.

Hopper.

you just contact ebay and let them handle it.

also if you have his address, you can send some fellas over there to have a chat. im available at a rate of a couple beers for a few hours work ;)

Use your crutches to put the fear of God into him cm2?? better hope he can't run :ph34r:

Brendo

just scored these:

bqbw4sgbmkkgrhgookjuejl.jpg

2 fermenting fridges. Should be able to fit 2 x 60L fermenters, + 2 x 30 L. Brew time!

great link RK... looks like there is definite precedence...

Qintrex... would def recommend at least lodging a complaint with eBay via their dispute resolution process.

Brendo

+1 - very good link. I'd go via ebay's dispute resolution process and then on to small claims. It's a headache, but probably well worth it.

Back