• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be some deals on ebay tomorrow with 18% off everything sitewide with a minimum spend of $75.

Use code PARTY18

Only between 6pm and 10pm AEST.

Details here.

Last edited:
Should be some deals on ebay tomorrow with 18% off everything sitewide with a minimum spend of $75.
snip
Details here.

My son pointed out that in theory if you had two or more people who each bought an object at a nominal price of $2500 from one another, each would pay $2050 ($2500 -18%) but each would receive $2205 ($2500 - 8.8% - 3%), thus gaining $155 from Ebay.

This is specifically against their rules (collusive conduct) but it looks to be hard to stop.

My son pointed out that in theory if you had two or more people who each bought an object at a nominal price of $2500 from one another, each would pay $2050 ($2500 -18%) but each would receive $2205 ($2500 - 8.8% - 3%), thus gaining $155 from Ebay.

This is specifically against their rules (collusive conduct) but it looks to be hard to stop.
On similar 20% off sales I've purchased from the Myer eBay store. I returned some of the items because they were unsuitable and I received a refund for the full price, even after mentioning the eBay discount.

Brewery on the south coast was selling their pin lock keg inventory. Ended up grabbing the lot, 24 for 40ea. Pressure tested. I plan to flip half of them in Canberra for a small profit and keep a bunch for myself. Pretty chuffed!
9d26723082c269e2a952974a60e89a18.jpg

Thank you sir. Lot of cash to drop on a whim but I ran the numbers, if I sell 16 of them for $60ea - $20 profit per keg and still a great price - the remaining 8 are free kegs for ol' schemin' MTB.

I really liked my pin locks and only traded them for ball locks to match my mate (split batches and shared equipment). Nice one.

How did you manage that MJ? I've got a 40l urn and had no idea I could make 20l of such strong beer in one that size!

Latest posts

Back