Ebay 2 Tap Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, in this case, he bagged another product (as it seems, just because it was cheaper). ie., "Not the same at all - ours is stainless steel & does not have Chinese manufactured taps." But how does he know this??????

well, first of all, the font you posted is described as "chrome beer font."

Ross' is Stainless.

Is that not enough for you to understand they are different?

umm.. you're bagging a product, Ross isn't. Do YOU know that the other one was made in China?

As I said, you're being a dick. Not name calling. Just stating the facts.

How am I bagging a product? I am saying that one is considerably cheaper than another! Then one of the sellers came along, and said that the other seller's product is inferior, by making some claims that it was Chinese made taps...

"Do YOU know that the other one was made in China?"
I NEVER said that either was made in China! I am asking Ross how he knows about the other sellers products. I want the facts, not someones wild claims.

If you think I'm being a "dick", then so be it. Get over it. :p

well, first of all, the font you posted is described as "chrome beer font."

Ross' is Stainless.

Is that not enough for you to understand they are different?

Get yer facts straight mate!!!!!!

Quote from Ross's site:
This great value stainless steel bodied font, comes complete with 2 x chromed taps,
handles & beer line. This font is designed to fit our Fridgemate.

FAIL...

Also, I did not post the link. It was the OP.

the ebay seller (if im not mistaken) is brewcraft/liquorcraft. take from that what you will.

I also dont think you can directly compare taps and fonts that look similar. The ebay taps arent genuine micromatic taps. so theres also a reason for the price differance.

im just thorwing in some info. not getting involved in this.

edit: what Capt was pointing out is that the ebay font is chrome and Ross' font is stainless. he wasnt referring to the taps

the ebay seller (if im not mistaken) is brewcraft/liquorcraft. take from that what you will.

I also dont think you can directly compare taps and fonts that look similar. The ebay taps arent genuine micromatic taps. so theres also a reason for the price differance.

im just thorwing in some info. not getting involved in this.

edit: what Capt was pointing out is that the ebay font is chrome and Ross' font is stainless. he wasnt referring to the taps

Thanks CM2, some constructive info!
"The ebay taps arent genuine micromatic taps". Are Ross's though? Just, as it doesn't say on his site.

OK, sorry about the mix up Capt, I thought you were talking about the taps.

...and one time at Band camp, i saw...

Come on fellas, let's keep it above board and back on initial topic.... just sayin'

"The ebay taps arent genuine micromatic taps". Are Ross's though? Just, as it doesn't say on his site.
not sure. i would say they are as Ross only has 'brand name' taps. Ross will have to answer that

Hi all, I am building my own kegerator at the moment and looking for a font. I was going to go with Ross' one CraftBrewer 2 Tap Font Then noticed this one on evilbay Ebay 2 Tap Font which is clearly much cheaper

Does anyone have any experience with the one from ebay. Would I be asking for trouble?

I bought two fridge taps from this guy. They work well, although I for some reason they are not exactly the same dimensions. And they dont have the same thread as USA tap handles. This is despite them supposedly being from the US.

Also he doesnt combine postage on multiple items. I had to pay $20 for each tap's delivery.

not sure. i would say they are as Ross only has 'brand name' taps. Ross will have to answer that

I dare say Ross probably isn't game to.
Let's try to keep this on topic please, the question from the OP was

"Does anyone have any experience with the one from ebay. Would I be asking for trouble?"

And I can answer that the quality is crap for the ebay chrome plated font, as someone else posted, you get what you pay for.

Andrew

Sorry all if I got up any noses!

It would be nice to have brand names of both, so we could actually compare apple's with apple's. Rather than talking about what we thought we saw at band camp.

But I will bow out now, and leave this discussion alone. (Before I piss more people off :p )

Sorry Ross, I did not mean to try and turn people away from you (and i know I haven't). Yes you were giving advise, and reading the whole sentence, it was sound advise, but I just had a problem with claims about where other products were made. I was just questioning if that was a statement backed with real knowledge. (But it seems that that is not an OK question to ask, according to some).

Again I agree, Ross puts heaps of time and knowledge into this forum, that helps us all.

Good luck Pado, with whatever you decide to buy!!!!

:lol: thats a deep hole dingo id say ross has enough expertise & product knowledge that you can take his word for it if he looks at it & says it made in china its made in CHINA :lol:

Beer Dingo,

I only responded to the thread when you stated that it looked "Exactly" like ours. I simply pointed out that it wasn't like ours, as ours is Stainless Steel.
I did not say they were Chinese ones off Ebay (though they certainly look like it from my experience), just that ours aren't (we also don't have a loose bottom collar on the tower to cover the tack welding at the base, as again ours are machined from stainless). I followed that up by saying there is good & bad product from China, so make sure you can return if unhappy.
I also said that on the face of it, it looked like a good buy.

Can't be much more objective than that & would not have posted at all (due to the typical flaming that followed) if you hadn't stated it looked exactly like ours.

All the best with your choice Paddo :)

cheers Ross

Edit: Wrote this before seeing Beer Dingo's last post - All is good.

I simply pointed out that it wasn't like ours, as ours is Stainless Steel.
I did not say they were Chinese ones off Ebay (though they certainly look like it from my experience), just that ours aren't

You did not state it, but it was implied. That was my only real issue.

(we also don't have a loose bottom collar on the tower to cover the tack welding at the base, as again ours are machined from stainless).

If that is the case, then it is better quality than the one I got from a supplier in Melbourne that was attached to my kegerator. The one I got has the extra collar, so it's probably the same as the one from ebay. The font that I had, ended up losing bits of metal at the bottom, so i would recommend getting a stainless one if you want it to last longer than 6 months. I'm not sure if the tap I got was a name brand or not (will check tonight), but it seems like it might be one of the cheaper ones if the font is also cheaper. I had no problems with the tap itself.

I also said that on the face of it, it looked like a good buy.

Can't be much more objective than that & would not have posted at all (due to the typical flaming that followed) if you hadn't stated it looked exactly like ours.

Again I'm sorry for getting up peoples noses, I made an assumption, that seems wrong, and just wanted proper clarification on the actual differences between 2 different products that are HUGELY different in price.

Several posts have been deleted for being off topic.
Please keep the threads on topic.

Andrew

dont know if there were any posts bad enough to warrant a edit ? a laugh is almost as good as a ON TOPIC POST :lol:

Latest posts

Back