Earth Hour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe if there was a little less emotive arguing (from both sides) and some properly explained science (from both sides) that laypeople could follow we'd all be better off.

I see a lot of people making sweeping statements, no references to back any of it up and a lot of personal insults. No wonder no-one actually knows what's going on.

What is earth hour about anyway?? :)

HAHAHAHA ROFLMAO.....running for cover (from nuclear bombs)

Maybe if there was a little less emotive arguing (from both sides) and some properly explained science (from both sides) that laypeople could follow we'd all be better off.

I see a lot of people making sweeping statements, no references to back any of it up and a lot of personal insults. No wonder no-one actually knows what's going on.

It's all about sitting in the dark when it comes to climate change. Makes no difference really if you are blinded by science.

I reckon we ought to harvest whale & dolphin blubber and refine it as an alternative to petrol.

Perhaps it would be wise to think carefully about what energy resource that we become dependant upon in the future. We wouldn't want to make the mistakes we have made in the past. A quick fix or what seems like a good idea at the time may lead to catastophic outcomes.

Here you go Leigh, hope this helps answer some of your questions regarding CO2 in the Ocean.

http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Bi-Ca/Car...Atmosphere.html

I'm off to the bathroom to shave my balls for Watt, Ohm and Coulomb.
Shave to save B)

This is as far as i had to read into this thread. The most meaningful post ive read today. :lol:

if we are to beleive these barrow pushing climate scientists then melbourne ,sydney and brisbane are all underwater already.the dams are all bone dry,and the earth is flat.my question is about those houses in greenland though.bum asks a good question why are they all suddenly reappearing. i counter this with why did they dissapear suddenly?the climate has always changed, and we have about 100 years of truly accurate data to base predictions on.every time we get a hot day its global warming.every storm is global warming.until i see facts and accurate moddeling i will remain a sceptic.

And by the time every man and his dog were convinced it would be too late.
Unfortunately for us it will take that to change the mind of a die hard sceptic.

my question is about those houses in greenland though.bum asks a good question why are they all suddenly reappearing. i counter this with why did they dissapear suddenly?

Fair point. I guess we'd need to ask rimrunner what "ancient" means in this context. It may not be a case of them having disappeared "suddenly" at all.

Assuming they did freeze over suddenly (as either some freak event or as part of a natural cycle) that still wouldn't discount the idea that the climate change that has caused them to reappear could have been influenced by the unforeseen side-effects of Industrialisation.

yeah i think you have hit the nail fair on the head there bum.you cant discount industrialisation as a cause but on the same token theres no conclusive evidence to prove it either.i think a rational debate needs to be had on the issue but this is never gonna happen while there are so many self serving groups on both sides.i wont pretend i know all the science behind it but i do know the more i look into it the less one sided it really is.

Those sunspots show us how vulnerable the earth is to climatic change and what a delicate balance there is between it and the environment. Is it any wonder that human intervention is playing a part? The trends shown in the solar cycles from 1750 to 2000 would of been invaluable to scientists when determining the additional effects that human activity has had on the climate.

It occurs naturally anyway. If smelling your own farts gives you that smug feeling then "good for you!" *thumbs up*

Those sunspots show us how vulnerable the earth is to climatic change and what a delicate balance there is between it and the environment. Is it any wonder that human intervention is playing a part? The trends shown in the solar cycles from 1750 to 2000 would of been invaluable to scientists when determining the additional effects that human activity has had on the climate.

my objection is you calling it "vulnerable to climate change" yet there is no real danger to us that has not been faced by humans for thousands of years. 3 degrees warmer and the earth thrives. colder and people die. if there is a side to be cautious on it's the warmer one.

i believe the video did show both expected warming/cooling by sunspots and by sunspots and CO2 combined.

glad real talking is being done now without namecalling.

my objection is you calling it "vulnerable to climate change" yet there is no real danger to us that has not been faced by humans for thousands of years. 3 degrees warmer and the earth thrives. colder and people die. if there is a side to be cautious on it's the warmer one.

i believe the video did show both expected warming/cooling by sunspots and by sunspots and CO2 combined.

glad real talking is being done now without namecalling.

The only name I have called you is Rimrunner and as I recall the name calling began with you,

"chicken little people are a pain in the arse. please go back to worrying about nuclear things."

And there is a reason why I should take your presentation of no real danger to us over an educated factual presentation from a Scientist? Do we need to have a threat in front of us so profound that it cannot be avoided until we take measures that are all too little and too late?
Where do you get your information Rimrunner, are they your personal theories?
It's my understanding that a rise in average temperatures as little as 2 degrees and we are in real trouble. "We" being all or any living thing on this planet, not just humans. Some of us value life on this planet in all it's forms. Or do we just need to preserve one cell so that we can evolve again?

Edit- Humans have survived an Ice Age before.

Back