Earle's Coffin Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks amazing. Just curious as to what the need for the computer fan is? I assume to recirculate the air but as a keezer/kegerator newbie, what benefit does it add?

Cheers!

Brilliant, thanks for that, really helps in my planning..

Opps sorry ....had Stu on the brain, was "multitasking" ....poorly!!

Might investigate the 215 ....

Picked up a thicknesser planer to dress up some old hardwood fence palings, one new outdoor table coming up, reckon they might be a nice material for cladding the freezer, You've set a very high bench!

Thanks.

As you might see in some of the other threads currently running, keezers can benefit from a fan to move the air around and stop stratification. The one in the coffin on mine does that but also pumps cold air into the coffin top to help keep the beer lines and shanks cold. This helps prevent frothing caused by warm taps, although some of this problem can be reduced by adjusting the flow control taps.

The two fans behind the vents in the doors are to help push away the warm air that is emitted by the outside freezer surfaces when the freezer is doing its thing. There's some discussion that enclosing or cladding a freezer might shorten it's life if the heat can't escape.

Congratulation on the build.
Got a quick question if you don't mind me asking what's the space between taps? And height of the taps from the drip tray?
I'm in the process of designing a build.

Thanks. Spacing between the taps is 100mm centre to centre.

From the top of the drip tray to the centre of the shanks is 320mm which gives 280mm clearance between the spout and the drip tray

No worries. Make sure you post some photos of your build

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1494889147.913457.jpg
Attached is the finished build. Sorry it's taken so long I got stuck into the beers and forgot to post late last year. Thank you for the help

Looks good, I think we need more photos. Think I can see an LED controller there too. :)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1494897633.360539.jpg
This is the right hand size. Side panel slips off for pressure adjustments and also place to keeps some cleaners and that. Inside photo will have to wait till later in the week when I put next keg in as I don't have one on my phone. Sure does have a led strip lighting.

Latest posts

Back