Dry Hopping & Infections

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have never had an infection from dry hopping.. and i have used a small "randel" made from an irrigation filter that works a treat (although a much bigger treat when used with whole hop and not pellets)..

oh yeah and i have not tried it on a pressurized keg only on a beer engine

Hatchy, I haven't dry hopped flowers, but I would assume they would have more bouyancy than pelletised hops.
I would bottle away.

I was planning on sticking with pellets after I use the flowers I have just because they're easier to weigh up. I'm sure there are several blokes here who could give me dozens of reasons to rethink that though, maybe just dry hop with pellets in future.

Hatchy, I haven't dry hopped flowers, but I would assume they would have more bouyancy than pelletised hops.
I would bottle away.

It's a bingo.

Think water lilies. I used plugs for the first time recently and was surprised to find all the petals sitting on top. But it makes sense. If they were left to soak up more liquid I'm sure they'd drop to the bottom like an old leaf on a pond.

As long as you have cut your fingernails before you picked your arse you should be right.

Back