Double reg setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calobes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've read that with some brands of regulators you can join two together to make it dual output. Can you do this with a keg king mkII reg? I currently have two kegs but will be getting a third.

Ideally I would like to have one reg controlling 2 kegs (for beer) and the other reg controlling the third keg (ginger beer or cider).

I would sell my reg and buy a dual outlet reg but can't seem to find any at a reasonable price that aren't absolute crap.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

You can do this with the keg king regulator, there are two options one where you take off the pressure valve and piggy back the 2nd reg.

Or the other option is there is a T piece type adapter that you attach both regs too.. I have one of these and it cost about $45 from keg king.

Thanks tahoose,

When you say a "t piece" do you mean a fitting that connects to the co2 cylinder itself and the regs connect to it?

I also use the second reg mostly for ales (esb/stout) at a lower carbonation level.. And have a liquid disconnect attached to the manifold with that reg so I can force carb without shaking and rolling a 20+ kg keg..

Tahoose said:
I also use the second reg mostly for ales (esb/stout) at a lower carbonation level.. And have a liquid disconnect attached to the manifold with that reg so I cadissappear carb without shaking and rolling a 20+ kg keg..
These are my first brews in kegs. Keg no. 1 is beer which I let carb up itself, drinking one right now that pours perfectly (kind of surpised as I keep it at 15psi with 2 meters of 6mm ID beer line, didnt have to balance it at all) The second is a cider which I attemped a force carb and overcarbed the fck out of it. Pours half froth. Luckily its a cider so the bubbles dissapear fairly quickly, but the cider does end up pretty flat because of the overcarb.

Blind Dog said:
Have you tried to balance the line connected to the cider?
Yeah, I just swapped out the 2m of 6mm to 4m of 5mm. Slightly helped but its still not right. Thats why I assume it's overcarbed.

Latest posts

Back