Donald Trump's Muslim US ban

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll fight to the death for Pat's right to free speech (as long as I don't have to listen to his crap).

Thinking that stopping muslims from entering the US will have any effect on domestic terrorism an extremely simplistic view of an extremely complication problem.

Such is the nature of reactionary politics, and they know it dovetails nicely with a by and large politically unsophisticated constituency.
Though in Trump or the Tea Party's case, I've never been sure what epoch of American history they're trying to reinstate.

And you can't fault Australia's response. When in doubt, build a Berlin Wall around the MCG. Must be time for another pollies pay rise.

A poll of Republican voters carried out yesterday confirmed that 30% are in favour of carpet bombing Agrabah.

Barge said:
Imagine if he was more charismatic and influential. It would surely mimic the rise of Hitler and the Third Reich.
He has managed to do that without charisma, but still does follow the same path as Hitler, a downturn in the nations economy, fear of Muslims and Mexicans, there will be a few shakers and movers in the GOP who have stopped laughing.

Bribie G said:
A poll of Republican voters carried out yesterday confirmed that 30% are in favour of carpet bombing Agrabah.
But they no longer make carpets and are waiting for the next shipment of persian carpets from the middle east .

Bribie G said:
The other 70% didnt know where that was and 84% of the 30% in favour couldn't hear through their mullets and thought the question was "are you in favour of photo bombing Obama'.

manticle said:
I keep thinking he must be a giant pisstake
Sounds like there's plenty of Americans beginning to suspect he is. Would be little surprise if the former Hilary sponsor pulls out at the last minute, leaving his replacement with no chance to rally. Sure seems more believable than some of the shite he's spouted.

Trump now says he'll let in the Muslim mayor of London. I'm sure Londoners are celebrating in the streets.

Some numbers: Trump is getting the Republican nomination because a plurality of primary voters, not a majority, picked him. Republicans are only a third of the electorate, the rest being independents and Democrats. Overall, polls find 2/3 of likely voters can't stand him. So declared Trump fans are few.

He would have no chance of winning, but for two factors. One, Hillary is almost as unpopular. Two, bad news in October, such as a stock-market drop or a major terrorist attack could swing some votes his way and cause non-Trump voters to stay home.

I'll say one good thing about Trump. Duterte is worse. By a little.

Never underestimate the cult of personality. Trump embodies far more of the the American dream than boring old Hillary.

Trump - "Make America Great Again!"

Clinton - "I'm With Her"

How stirring..

Latest posts

Back