Doc's Secret Squirrel (choc Hazelnut Porter) Release Party

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would an award winning choc hazelnut porter not make someone drool?

Pity it's not in Melbourne.

I love Porter !
I loove chocolate !
I looove Nuts !

I think I better stop here

Pumpy :blink:

Great to see the launch date set in stone. Looking forward to it immensely. To think this whole thing started with a chat between a home brewer and a craft brewer over a friendly beer (or two). We miss you, Sam! You left a wonderful legacy in Sydney.

How would an award winning choc hazelnut porter not make someone drool?

Pity it's not in Melbourne.

Not yet ;)

You give me reason to wake up tomorrow.

Also I have to work but that's mildly less exciting.

Big Congrats and well done
I hope you all have fun. :beer:

Two blackboards have gone up in the Macquarie Hotel.
Looking like we are going to have a great turnout.

Looking forward to sharing the beer with you all on Friday.
It will be available in the brewery bar from 3pm.

Doc

SecretSquirrel_Blackboard.jpg

Congratulations Doc! Good luck with the launch.

Other than volume, obviously, did you have to amend your recipe in any way to make it viable on the large scale?

Cheers - Snow

Congratulations Doc! Good luck with the launch.

Other than volume, obviously, did you have to amend your recipe in any way to make it viable on the large scale?

Cheers - Snow

Friday is coming up quick.
We transferred to the serving tank tonight.
It is tasting awesome. Really happy with it.

I did some rationalisation on the grain bill, scaled up for volume, adjusted for efficiency and lowered the hops a little to account for higher extraction.
I had a couple of my original beers left over and we did side by side comparisons and the colour is spot on, and the beer very very close and true to my original.

Beers,
Doc

Below are a couple of phone camera shots of transferring from the fermenter to the serving tank tonight.

Secret_Squirrel___Transfer_1.jpg

Secret_Squirrel___Transfer_2.jpg

Not sure if I am going to be here or Canberra on Friday, so hoping I will still be able to make it.

Not sure if I am going to be here or Canberra on Friday, so hoping I will still be able to make it.

I hope you can make it. Shaping up to be a cracker night.
The facebook event has a good couple of handfuls of confirmed, and even move tentative. That is on top of a lot of my work colleagues.
The blackboards in the bar have pulled in a number of punters as well. Was chatting to a couple last night that are hanging to have a crack at the Squirrel :p

I just hope it doesn't sell out tooo quickly.

Doc

I just hope it doesn't sell out tooo quickly.
Doc

That is why I am going to be there at 3pm.

Can't be there for a long time, so I might as well be first.

I am flying into Sydney on Friday mid afternoon just to attend this event. :icon_chickcheers:

Not really, I am really going to the Rugby on Saturday night, but I intend to be there for this.

Any chance of a tour?

Please save a couple of litres for Saturday night, please guys, it's the earliest I can get into town !

Any chance of a tour?

Drew and I will be around.
Earlier in the arvo shouldn't be a prob for a lap of the brewery. Later in the arvo when it gets busy it might be a bit of a stretch.

Doc

I am looking forward to this. I have the squirrel grip ready

what is the food like at Macquaries?

Flying in about 7:30pm - Will be there Fri night for a couple if things go to plan !! if not will be there Sat night :chug:

Cheers
JSB

Latest posts

Back