Doc's Secret Squirrel (choc Hazelnut Porter) Release Party

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there for sure. I have a meeting that wraps up hopefully before 4, so will be there as soon as humanly possible after that.

what is the food like at Macquaries?

Food is avail from the restaurant upstairs which is a Thai restaurant. It is priced well and isn't too bad.
The Thai restaurant is there for another few weeks, at which time it will be re-leased as an Italian restaurant to different sub-leasers.

Looking like the interstate AHB contingent will be well represented. Fantastic.

Beers,
Doc

And were is the recipe for it Doc?

In my Promash Recipes folder and in my head :p
Just been and checked in on it. Tasting and looking like a fantastic Winter Warmer.

Beers,
Doc

SS_Preview.jpg

Good to see another kiwi brewer doing so well mate! Congrats! :beer: Wish i could be over there to taste it for myself...

Kirem can you have a couple for me as well, as I sadly will not be able to go now. Heading down to Canberra at lunch time tomorrow :( , guess I will have to find the Wig and Pen instead :D .
Doc, hope you have a hoot and I am sadly going to miss trying the Squirel, do you think you can grab some for the next HBG pizza night?

It so happens I'll be in Sydney town tomorrow. I'll do what I can to get to the Macq post 15:00.

Congratulations Doc!

Doc, hope you have a hoot and I am sadly going to miss trying the Squirel, do you think you can grab some for the next HBG pizza night?

Only avail on draft. Doubt it will make an appearance at the HBG next week.
I have plenty of other cool beers to bring though.

Have fun in Canbeera.

Doc

That sucks, Picton run then screaming kiddies. Want a few grumpy kids and a brewer to attend? They chuck stuff and brawl real pub like?

Seriously, heres to the Doctors Orders Brewing Company!

Scotty

That sucks, Picton run then screaming kiddies. Want a few grumpy kids and a brewer to attend? They chuck stuff and brawl real pub like?

Seriously, heres to the Doctors Orders Brewing Company!

Scotty

express post them to mildura to hang with my ferals.

I was first in line for the 3pm tap opening, but got gazumped by Doc (fair enough) and the local yobs. I only had time to savour one, but it was a cracker (metaphorically).

Well done, Doc.

PS. I needed another fix so I'm just finishing off some choc hazelnut Tim Tams as I type this, but its not cutting it. <_<

Nice beer Doc :icon_cheers:

Found the hazelnut upfront in the aroma at first but it seemed to take the backseat to the chocolate towards the end of the schooner. Nice sweetness, balanced with the choc & roast finish. A beer to chew on. Only had 1 but was tasting it the rest of the afternoon. I'm interested to see how it goes with some age.. I think the flavours will meld together even better than it's tasting now. Well done :beerbang:

Thanks guys.
The launch was a blast.
I had an awesome time, and was really happy on how the beer was received. I was a bit nervous until I saw people going back for thirds, then knew we had done well.
There was a big cross section of people there too, and everyone seemed to like something different about it. Even the I don't drink beer, and I love this.
Great to catchup with some AHB'ers I hadn't met previously too.

The first pint of Secret Squirrel
img_0560.jpg

Happy AHB'ers.
img_0580.jpg

Thanks for coming and showing your support guys. Looking forward to next years comp and someone else getting the opportunity.

Beers,
Doc

Night was good fun. Good to meet a few punters, had a few beers and some great conversation.

Well done Doc.

It was a great night , Those who did not go missed out big time it was packed .

Doc had a permanent smile from ear to ear ,we was all pretty proud of him.

Good to meet Kirem he was having a good time too .

Pumpy :)

Back