Doc's Secret Squirrel (choc Hazelnut Porter) Release Party

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Doc .. loved to have been there.

Couldn't keep the riff raff out, I see.
phil___barry.jpg

Riff and Raff were OK. I kept an eye on them.

Doc had a permanent smile from ear to ear ,we was all pretty proud of him.

I think you are right.
In fact I think I'm still smiling.
A little nervous at first. You know when visitors come to your house and you offer them a beer, and you watch as they take their first sip to see if they like or loath it. I was a lot like that.
It wasn't until I saw some going back for their third pint that I really relaxed a bit more and started to enjoy it.

Next up is the Spring Seasonal at Potters (Hunter Beer Co). My Belgian Breakfast Blonde (yes the one with rhubarb in it) will be avail in Sept. I think I'll be a bit more relaxed this time, esp as it isn't as intense a beer.

Thanks again to all that turned up.
There is also still plenty available. It should be avail for the next few weeks at least.

Beers,
Doc

Heading up there at lunch today if anyone's around.
12:30 at the back bar.

There is also still plenty available. It should be avail for the next few weeks at least.

Good to hear - I'm planning on heading down on Fri night for a sample or two.

Congratulations and well done Doc!

Jez

Just had a couple.
Very nice work, Doc. :icon_drool2:

Currently having a long black to balance out the choc-hazelnut flavours. Lucky I got my drawings out this morning.

squirrel.JPG
Doc, Lemme know if you want any more labels done. Franko, watch out.

Pete can you make one for me? I have two bottles of a my big brew day "Amelia's Belated Spiced Belgian Strong Dark Ale" that I've put aside for you. Be good to use you own lables seeing that they are your bottles too.

Pete can you make one for me? I have two bottles of a my big brew day "Amelia's Belated Spiced Belgian Strong Dark Ale" that I've put aside for you. Be good to use you own lables seeing that they are your bottles too.
First orders away!
I'll stop taking this thread :icon_offtopic: now!

It was a great beer, a meal unto itself. Was there on the opening Friday, but Doc didn't seemto be around. This was maybe 7-10pm ish... Has it run out yet? If not, when is it looking to? Wanted to get a few mates down there to try it too.

I was a little worried when some of the drinkers threatened to shoot the brewer. They calmed down luckily, and went back to their Carltons.

Maybe not the ideal beer to expand the uninitiated's horizons.

I liked it anyway.

I was a little worried when some of the drinkers threatened to shoot the brewer. They calmed down luckily, and went back to their Carltons.

Maybe not the ideal beer to expand the uninitiated's horizons.

I liked it anyway.

I remember them saying it tastes like chocolate and nuts and someone piping up and asking what part of the label did they not understand.

It is still on tap.
I was there from 3pm to 9:30pm for the release last Friday. Although the last half hour or so I was down in the brewery and the coolroom.
Hopefully stopping through for a pint late arvo tomorrow (hopefully 5:30pm-ish). Have to be back at work by 6pm for a cutover.

Doc

Back