Doc's New Brew Haus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips Crozdog. The trench only has to go a few meters. Yet to appoint a plumber but as my FIL was a plumber I have lots of leads :p

Doc
no worries, let me know if you want the elec warning tape - it isn't helping anyone sitting on the shelf....yours if you want/need it

Edit - FIL isn't a lead - it's (hopefully) FREE labour :D A 600mm trench (spade width) is a hell of a lot more dirt than you think! & it somehow doesn't all fit back in the hole... <_<

Here is a piccy of it still being built to show that it is full sized :p

View attachment 40067

With wine fridges there are thermoelectric/peltier based ones and then the full refrigeration based ones.
The refrigeration based ones are the ones to get, as even though they have presets they have the cooling power to go lower than the set temps of the thermoelectric/peltier ones.

I'm picking up three refrigeration based ones on Saturday :p

Doc

hahaha
that man shed is awesome...it is heaps bigger than I first thought.
You'll need a rocking chair and a banjo for the porch.

Do you get a lot of mates just popping in?

What about the shelves for the TONKA TOYS :rolleyes:

I use a winefridge....Beernorks...
Cheers
PJ

Your new man cave has awesome potential Doc... wish I could convince SWMBO to let me do the same.

Do you get a lot of mates just popping in?
He's going to get even more pooping in now.

Sounds like it is all coming together very nicely and quickly, can't wait to see it
:icon_cheers:

Picked up two 3.6m long laminated kitchen bench tops this arvo.
One will go the length of the back wall, one of the others will go all the way along one side, and the left over a meter along the other side.
Now to find some kitchen cabinets. Jeez they are overpriced for what they are.

Doc

Picked up two 3.6m long laminated kitchen bench tops this arvo.
One will go the length of the back wall, one of the others will go all the way along one side, and the left over a meter along the other side.
Now to find some kitchen cabinets. Jeez they are overpriced for what they are.

Doc

Doc, have you looked at demo kitchens on Ebay? Often the cabinets sans doors go for bugger all and merely need new doors on them. Mind you, framing and knocking together new ones isn't a bad option?

Cheers - Mike

Doc, have you looked at demo kitchens on Ebay? Often the cabinets sans doors go for bugger all and merely need new doors on them. Mind you, framing and knocking together new ones isn't a bad option?

Yeah, have been checking out eBay and Grey's Online. Few and far between and usually the wrong sizes so far.

Doc

Work is progressing on the new brew haus.

Here is a piccy of the inside showing I have the floor down, some of the cabinetry in, including the bench tops. Doors will go on once plumbing and electrical is complete.

BrewShed.jpg

Expecting the plumber this week to get water services in, and waste services out.
Electrician is coming out next week to run a 32A sub mains circuit complete with 10A & 15A circuits, three ethernet runs, alarm run etc.

My younger sister is donating a flat screen TV she isn't using at the moment.
Have the Wireless-N base station and Airport Express units ready to go (waiting on power).

Doc

Work is progressing on the new brew haus.

Here is a piccy of the inside showing I have the floor down, some of the cabinetry in, including the bench tops. Doors will go on once plumbing and electrical is complete.

View attachment 40332

Expecting the plumber this week to get water services in, and waste services out.
Electrician is coming out next week to run a 32A sub mains circuit complete with 10A & 15A circuits, three ethernet runs, alarm run etc.

My younger sister is donating a flat screen TV she isn't using at the moment.
Have the Wireless-N base station and Airport Express units ready to go (waiting on power).

Doc

Coming along nicely Doc. Re the cabinets, it might be worth making contact with a kitchen cabinet maker and expressing your interest in second hand kitchens (the old ones they rip out before installing new ones). My father in law is a cabinet maker and generously donates cupboards for the man cave from time to time.

Looks awesome Doc! You sure have a knack of making most of the brewing community jealous!

You definitely need a comfy couch or a rocking chair for that porch!

Cheers - Snow

Doc

I do see a design fault here, you have neglected 100 bunk size beds for when the AHB brethren come to stay ...

Scotty

Here is the plumbing action from earlier today.
Double laundry basins connected up. Small hot water cylinder setup. Water in, waste out.

PlumbingAction.jpg

They are filling it all in now. Job done.
Sparky arrives next week.
First brewday in it is getting closer.

Doc

These outside picks really make it look like a cubby house. :p

Just plain jealous here, Doc. It looks awesome.

I gotta say, it's a shame the swing set's gone. Swings & I2PA's are a great party starter.

The backyard is all back to normal again after the plumbing has gone in.
Just heard from the sparky. He'll be here next Thurs to wire it all up.

Interesting thing was when I was saying on initial discussions I was thinking a 32A sub-main circuit he agreed.
When I rang him when the the plumbers were sorting out the hot water solution and I also mentioned some of the other equip I was going to have in there, 32A seemed on the low side.

Looks like I'm getting 3-phase to the brew haus on Thurs :p

Doc

Kegged a couple of beers yesterday arvo and when it came time to cleanout the fermenters it was a perfect chance to test out the new plumbing.

Brauhaus_Tubs.jpg

Made cleaning much easier than the cramped old laundry tub. When I get power on there will be tunes cranking too.

Doc

Latest posts

Back