Diy Drip Trays

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doglet

Reaction score
Hi all. I just scored a beautiful gold 3 tap Andale Federation font off eBay. My next search is to get a drip tray for the bar.

Does anyone have any photos or suggestions for a DIY drip tray as manufactured ones cost heaps?

Cheers
Tim

I'd say make one from Ally sheeting rather than Stainless -since you don't have to drink the beer that is in the tray... as for making one, i'd say a fair amount of bending, drilling and some spot welding/soldering would be required.

i've been thinking about a day with a drill-press and a piece of clear acrylic.

i've been thinking about a day with a drill-press and a piece of clear acrylic.

With clear acrylic you could mount a fluro or coloured LED's on the side of the acrylic to light up the holes and whatever else you routed into it... could look cool....

M

mobrien, you're an ideas man! :beer:

With clear acrylic you could mount a fluro or coloured LED's on the side of the acrylic to light up the holes and whatever else you routed into it... could look cool....

M

That sounds like the way to go for me. Looks like someone's done a few case-mods in their time eh?

I thought of doing this a while back but just ended up buying a second hand one. You could try the inside of a washing machine drum, they are stainless steel and already have neat countersunk holes, just need to straighten it out a bit.

what about a pressure switch so it only lights up when a glass is on it? :)
it'd be great in the dark when grabbing a beer before brushing teeth.

just need to straighten it out a bit.
you're not blessed in the arts of sheet metal fab.

one sheet metal fab owner told me that you pay more for the holes in a piece of s/s than the s/s

i'm thinking that the flared parts around the holes in s/s help with rigidity or just help the fluid go down the hole?

you're not blessed in the arts of sheet metal fab.

one sheet metal fab owner told me that you pay more for the holes in a piece of s/s than the s/s

i'm thinking that the flared parts around the holes in s/s help with rigidity or just help the fluid go down the hole?

Leave the flared holes to help with drainage/strength, just cut a rectangular section out of the side and un-roll so it is flat, easy. Then mount in a rectangular tray to catch the drips. You can pick one of these up at at the tip for nothing so its worth a try. They polish up very shiny too.

have you unrolled a stainless steel clothes dryer before stuart? some pics would be good.

Back