DIY Brauduino System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

changchuyo

Reaction score
I have been working in a Single Vessel project using the Matho's Brauduino, I have the first version ready to brew and currently I'm working on the next version, my own braumeister clone also based on Matho's controller. I modified the code to fit a 16x4 LCD and changed the language to spanish, I also have the translated code in spanish for 16x2, 16x4 and 20x4 LCD displays.

I found two cheap 43 liters chinesse pots (around US$ 15 each), and started to do all modifications.

IMG_1282.jpg
First version

IMG_1283.jpg
The malt basket

It was made from a dryer drum I found in a junkyard, Stailness Steel!!!!

IMG_1284.jpg
A view of the heating elements

Standard cooper heating elements 1500Watts each (3000W). Water reachs 67°C in 22 minutes (40 liters).

IMG_1285.jpg
Heating elements detail

IMG_1287.jpg
Malt basket

IMG_1289.jpg
Sight glass

IMG_1290.jpg
Recirculation pump
I tested a universal washing machine pump (110VAC), working perfectly for 3 hours at 96°C without a single damage.

IMG_1292.jpg
Control Box (Outdoor plastic IP65 Nema Box)

IMG_1122.jpg
Controller shield - project board testing

IMG_1170.jpg
Controller shield - assembled and tested

IMG_1242.jpg
One of my 2 controllers fully assembled

And here is an advance of the next version:

IMG_1218.jpgIMG_1221.jpg

Cheers from Caracas, Venezuela.

Looks good mate!

Have you given it a run yet? If so how did it go without sealing the malt pipe against the base of the vessel? Ie- Was there still enough pressure from the pump outlet to recirculate/agitate the grain within the malt pipe?

Cheers

Hi Judanero, I tested the kettle and basket using a standard PID and Timer Box I built and the same SSR I'm using with the Brauduino. It works with reverse recirculation (reverse to braumeister, I mean). I succesfully brewed a delicious Red Ale few months ago.

IMG_0605.jpg IMG_0602.jpg

Very impressive! Your LCD cutout on that box is immaculate!

lael said:
Very impressive! Your LCD cutout on that box is immaculate!
Thanks Beer God, I made it very carefully with a Dremel standard cutting disc, then used a fine flat file to remove the barbs.

Cheers

changchuyo said:
Thanks Beer God, I made it very carefully with a Dremel standard cutting disc, then used a fine flat file to remove the barbs.

Cheers
lol- all it means is I've posted a lot. There are many more people with more experience than me :)

Looks great. Amazed people such as yourself have the skill and patience to put things like that together!

Very impressive mate!!!!

It looks fantastic. It must feel awesome to successfully build something like this.
Seriously jealous over this side of the pond. :p

As I promised, here are the pictures of the new version of my braumeister clone.

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

I'm still waiting for the recirculation pump...

Cheers

Edak said:
Wait was that a CNC plotter in your picture? Would like to have the budget for something like that!
Yes Edak, I built this CNC last year. I collected some used stepping motors and aluminum parts from junk. You don't have to spend a lot of money to build it. The most expensive part that I used was the controller board (around US$45 at amazon.com), the rest, as I told you, was found looking around and getting everything that I thought could be useful.

I did not spent more than US$ 200,00 building it (including the old PC). "Low cost high function"

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back