Did your town make the top ten?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok makes sense my little fella (he's 2 1/2 going on 30) goes through about 1.5 litres of milk a day,he's growing at a good rate, will give this ago.
I am seriously a little low on weight, not dangerously by any means. But if I get sick it takes a good week or two extra to get back on my feet.
cheers fellas

MastersBrewery said:
ok makes sense my little fella (he's 2 1/2 going on 30) goes through about 1.5 litres of milk a day,he's growing at a good rate, will give this ago.
I am seriously a little low on weight, not dangerously by any means. But if I get sick it takes a good week or two extra to get back on my feet.
cheers fellas
Hmmm, I'd be a little hesitant taking health and diet advice from people on a brewing forum. If you are concerned that you are a little under weight then why not go see your doctor and arrange a few sessions with a dietician? They'll be able to point you in the right direction about what calories to consume to safely gain weight.

JD

punkin said:
Have you ever had a counter meal or Chinese feed in Parkes.

I've got photos on my phone i can't get off cause i'm too dumb of meals from Parkes, i often tell the story about the sizzling Mongolian Lamb coming out looking like a football on a plate. And shnitzels that you have to eat around to find the edges of the palte and then realise they are resting on enough chips to feed four ($12 meal).
The garlic bread at the pub we used to go to for tea when i was training people down there was a full tank High top in foil served piping hot on a cutting board with three different tubs of butter ($6).

I've eaten at a lot of places, but i've never seen any like Parkes.

edited for fruedian slip.
Don't remind me! When I was on the road doing engineering things, I used to look after an area that was bounded by Sydney, Forbes, Cobar, Tamworth and back to Sydney. Used to spen a week or more a month in the Central West. After 6 months I knew every half decent restaurant in my territory. After 12 I knew which motels had microwaves I could heat up frozen weightwatchers meals in and had bought a car fridge so I could make sandwiches for lunch every day. I used to dread the trips with the sales reps who would want to drik beers, a couple of bottles of wine and eat huge steaks on expenses, and then hit the local RSL or Bowlo for more beers and pokies every night.

Fat ******* said:
Don't remind me! When I was on the road doing engineering things, I used to look after an area that was bounded by Sydney, Forbes, Cobar, Tamworth and back to Sydney. Used to spen a week or more a month in the Central West. After 6 months I knew every half decent restaurant in my territory. After 12 I knew which motels had microwaves I could heat up frozen weightwatchers meals in and had bought a car fridge so I could make sandwiches for lunch every day. I used to dread the trips with the sales reps who would want to drik beers, a couple of bottles of wine and eat huge steaks on expenses, and then hit the local RSL or Bowlo for more beers and pokies every night.
You say all this like its a bad thing B)

If your going to have a big feed and a few beers in the arvo, dont have breakfast or lunch. Its done by many, probably not so much the beer side of it, but just having one big meal a day.

JDW81 said:
Hmmm, I'd be a little hesitant taking health and diet advice from people on a brewing forum. If you are concerned that you are a little under weight then why not go see your doctor and arrange a few sessions with a dietician? They'll be able to point you in the right direction about what calories to consume to safely gain weight.

JD
Just to be clear, I never said it was healthy, nor a good idea long term. The motive was simply to pack weight - principally fat - to young guys who found it difficult gain weight and help push their numbers up in the gym and by extension, make them more effective in their sport. To build body mass,muscle and strength, it's pretty much a given that you need to be in calorific surplus and getting plenty of protein. Milk covers all the bases and is cheap enough anyone can do it. No magic, just a bunch of calories. It could get messy however if you're lactose intolerant..

I honestly wonder what **** these kids must be doing - or not doing - nowadays to get so fat. Maby I just didn't notice, but back when I was in my teens, fatties were the exception rather than the rule.

Dave70 said:
I honestly wonder what **** these kids must be doing - or not doing - nowadays to get so fat. Maby I just didn't notice, but back when I was in my teens, fatties were the exception rather than the rule.
Too much Maccas/KFC/Burger King and parents being too scared that their precious child might get hurt playing footy.

It is also un-pc to tease the fat kid anymore, or is that just cause all the kids are fat now? Maybe it's the skinny kid who cops shit in the playground now.

JDW81 said:
Maybe it's the skinny kid who cops shit in the playground now.
I can just see the fat kids eating chips and lollies at the athletics carnivals, picking on the skinny kids for doing anything other than shotput or discuss.

I'd know... I was the fat kit in my year up until year 10, which is also when I stopped working at (and eating) KFC. Coincidence..? I think not, but doing a lot more exercise obviously played a large part as well

I was always ungrateful (well, more just unhappy) that I always had a salad (or similar) sandwich and fruit for lunches at school whilst the other kids had fairy bread and nutella sandwiches and packets of chips. After seeing some of the people I work with and still eating chips and burgers for lunch every day, I am now grateful to mum for encouraging me to cook and bring my own food with me to work/school, which is what I think a lot of child obesity comes down to - Give kids some coin for lunches, and they (re: most) will buy chips and pies, but teaching them from a young age that cooking isn't difficult and is actually fun and rewarding will put them on a decent path for the future years ahead.

There is a Marketing Opportunity here for Bundaberg tourism.

"Visit beautiful Bundy. Hey, you might be 25kg overweight but you'll still be 'Slim' to us"

Just saw on the news that not only is boganberg the fattest , but also has the highest unemployment rate in qld.No wonder the outlaws live there.

Latest posts

Back