Detatch Mashmaster Temp Probe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jez

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at drilling the side of my HLT and permanently installing the Mashmaster temp probe I use to control my water temp. For convenience I would like to make the cord to the probe detachable using some plugs from jaycar or wherever.

Has anyone already done this? I remember someone posting a while back indicating they were going to. Any pics so I know what plugs to look for?

Thanks

Jez

Hi mate,

Yes that was what I did with mine. I used the RCA audio connectors from Jaycar and I have had no problems.

I wanted to easily swap between the supplied probe and the probe that goes into the fermenter.

I cut the probe cable about 6 inches from the back of the unit and soldered a female RCA connector.
The two probes I have I soldered the male RCA connectors.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate. Exactly the info i was after.

I'll get cracking.

Jez

Hi mate,

Yes that was what I did with mine. I used the RCA audio connectors from Jaycar and I have had no problems.

I wanted to easily swap between the supplied probe and the probe that goes into the fermenter.

I cut the probe cable about 6 inches from the back of the unit and soldered a female RCA connector.
The two probes I have I soldered the male RCA connectors.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back