Decadent Imperial Ipa - Ska Brewing Co.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cortez The Killer

HeCameDancingAcrossTheWater
Reaction score
In the states now

Just had one of these

skadecadent.jpg

At 10% a long neck really does the trick :icon_chickcheers:

This is a very awesome IIPA very well balanced for such a big beer

Other reviews I've read seem to knock this beer as the bitterness is not out of balance ie being subdued - but it's uber smooth and very tasty.

But the question remains - should I open the "Oaked" Arrogant *******...

hmmmm... decisions decisions

If I lived in the US I'd have to really question whether it's worth being a home brewer - the quality of the beers here are the shiz!

Also heading to the Great American Beer Festival this week - talk about stoked!

Cheers

Two words - You suck! :p

Cheers SJ

(I am insanely jealous at the moment!!! :icon_drool2: )

and the answer is YES!

Oaked%20Arrogant%20Bastard.JPG

This beer is much smoother than straight "Arrogant *******" with plenty of oak on the nose and flavourwise. There's also a nice smoky flavour in the beer. Almost a sweet note in it.

Awesome

Cheers

Also heading to the Great American Beer Festival this week - talk about stoked!

Cheers

Hey Cortez

Planning a trip to the states around this time in 2010. So would love to hear all about the Beer Festival. Thinking of making it a cornerstone of my trip.

Oaked Arrogant ******* looks great :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ken

PS. I'm sure we'd all like to see pics

:icon_drool2:

So cant wait for my honeymoon in March, 8 days in California B)

If I lived in the US I'd have to really question whether it's worth being a home brewer - the quality of the beers here are the shiz!
yeah, i would ask myself the same question (and more than likely come up with the answer NO). enjoy it while it lasts.
joe

Having one of these

761.jpg

Bitterness a little over the top, with body lacking to back it up, finishes fairly dry. Rye very subdued unfortunately. A very hop flavour (grapefruit, pine) driven beer. Herbal. Alcohol well hidden.

Tasty, but not amazing.

Did the Rockslide Brewery at Grand Junction at lunch, had the sampler and tried all the beers. Unfortunately all were very ordinary.

Cheers

Back