Darts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JestersDarts

I (heart) Darts
Reaction score
Hi all -

anyone on here play the noble sport of Darts?

I play for the mighty, mighty, JESTERS what a fantastic team of CHAMPIONS!!

yes we play in a social league, but we take it quite seriously - seeing super darts played and aiming to beat our averages / increase our pegouts is what we love.

In fact, im a bit dart crazy.

Our darts pub is the Kentish Arms hotel in North Adelaide - we play at home every second wednesday night in the Adelaide Central A2 grade (we went up from B grade last year to roll with the A graders) and have only lost once this season, holding our spot on top of the ladder. So good.

Just posting on here to start a discussion about my favourite topic: DARTS!

Great ! plenty of darts players here then haha!

Anyway - we had a doubles tournament Wednesday night. My doubles partner had rocked up to my place beforehand - rolling drunk.

Needless to say we didnt go that well Wednesday night.

Especially when he tried to pick up the league president. Who is 150+kg.

aaah darts.

Darts is a great sport for the dedicated drinker, with a steep reduction of skills and aim if the beers go on a bit longer than the game itself ;)

Havent ever attempted to play the game myself, by my legendary cheerleading and beer fetching skills have served many a team ;)

Darts is a great sport for the dedicated drinker, with a steep reduction of skills and aim if the beers go on a bit longer than the game itself ;)

Havent ever attempted to play the game myself, by my legendary cheerleading and beer fetching skills have served many a team ;)

We find with competition - a few beers to calm the nerves, and increase the confidence can bring out some amazing, game winning, shots!

It is a fine balance however, and the "sweetspot" is often overshot....

Darts is great, i only ever play at home know but had a pretty mean comp going with the summer firies couple of years ago.

If i had infinite time i would play darts for sure maybe when the young ones are old enough to entertain themselves.

Kleiny

Another win for the Jesters last night -
9-2 def Southwark Spears.

Unstoppable!

oneeee hundredddd and EIGHTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Whats Darts for:
1) Missing completely the Dart board and the back board
2) Just the Dart board
3) zero score but on the board

So far i hold the rugby clubs records in those according to todays efforts

Whats Darts for:
1) Missing completely the Dart board and the back board
2) Just the Dart board
3) zero score but on the board

So far i hold the rugby clubs records in those according to todays efforts

calls for the above scenarios

1) "Nice Carpentry" (if hitting timber)
2) Right church, wrong Pew
3) DOUGHNUT!

I hit my first competition 180 last night.
STOKED!
I've waited 3 seasons for that.

Just had to share - its a bit quiet here at work this morn.

Well done, 3 in the same little area from what seems to me to be an immeasurable distance away (even with long arms) is quite a feat.

Well - you throw one triple 20, and repeat.
The next two should follow...

..... in theory!

Good onya Jester. I love darts and have a good board set-up in the brauhaus. Most family occasions males and females end up playing a game of killer or aussie rules and 301 on the board. Have thrown the odd 180 but been a while, 20 years ago I played around Bendigo mainly for the Fifeshire and National Hotels, it was awesome. Dart pub scene aint what it used to be, without being detrimental, darts is more like lawn bowling these days, not many people want to say "HEY I PLAY THIS".

Plenty of darts players in the LagerBomb family, although only for fun. We have a dart board mounted on the back of our caravan, and quite often play by campfire light when we are camping. 180 would be a fluke in these (or any other) conditions. It always attracts plenty of people, whom I can bore with my homebrew talk.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Good work on the 180 Jester! Keep pluggin' and they'll come. I played many a dart comp, had about 100 by the time I took a break.

Ran a social club of 30 or so for several years and even invented a format (a mixed doubles rotating round robin) so the worst players could win based on handicaps. It was very successful, I even had to play well to win.
Haven't played for a few years but might get back into it sometime down the track.

Pro tip: Relax.. Throw the dart at the end of exhale.. ALWAYS a full follow through with a nice loose wrist.

TONIGHT
7:30pm Hilton RSL, Sir Donald Badman Drive, Adelaide
Adelaide Central Darts Association GRAND FINAL
all grades

highlight match:
JESTERS vs the REX OUTCASTS

GO YOU JESTERS!!

:party:

how did you go vs the rex outcasts?

They beat us fair and square <_< We thorught we were going to get trampled, it was 5-0 down (best out of 11, so whoever gets to 6 first wins), but then we pulled our fingers out and won a few difficult legs, but the end result
Rex Outcasts 6 def Jesters 2.

It was a good night, lots of players fom other grades and teams backing us, hoping we'd trump em - no one like seeing the Rex win... apart from the Rex.
Thats the third season we've made the Grand Final, but come runners up...It's about bloody time we win one! Gotta do it for the fans.

Latest posts

Back