Dark Ale Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigo

Reaction score
Gday,

Just wondering if anyone one had an extract recipe for a dark ale that is similar to white rabbit any help would be appreciated thanks.

Heh, a lot of us want that. I'm trying something that I'm hoping might end up kinda close, but really I'm just whistling in the dark ale.

Tanga, I know I posted in another thread about having made I did a kits and bits dark ale with white rabbit re-cultured yeast. I didn't see your question re same til quite recently, didn't get back to you blah blah... It wasn't really the same, but tastey with caramel type chewy flavours all the same. Plus easy drinking like the White Rabbit dark.

Trying to remember, basically I went into a LHBS looking for inspiration one morning and the young bloke at Daves ( no affiliation etc) threw a Mangrove Jacks Tyneside Brown with a Crystal steep 200 grams (I think dark..) with a can of extract also at me. Yeast with the white Rabbit dark ale yeast re-cultured (my touch as opposed to a Saf 04). 23litre batch. Really nice, but bit more body to it than the White Rabbit.

Might be an extract starting point?

Haha! Oops. If that's got more body than WR then mine is going to be waaay over the top. I might just half my spec grains. Still 100g each of crystal and carared, and 50g of light choc. Did you add any hops?

Haha! Oops. If that's got more body than WR then mine is going to be waaay over the top. I might just half my spec grains. Still 100g each of crystal and carared, and 50g of light choc. Did you add any hops?

Nah that was in my keep it simple days. Plus the hopped mangrove jacks can. Sound like you have a bit of a plan there..

Anyone who is trying to get a clone recipe is a nonga! They open ferment their stuff. You may have the excact recipe but if you are not open fermenting yo will not have anything like the WRDA.

Latest posts

Back