CUB start flavoured pods for beer.....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pratt

Reaction score
http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2017/01/pubs-trial-cubs-flavoured-beer-pods/

This makes me laugh.

CUB have decided to start using flavoured pods to add to the existing lager beer for creating flavour.....and variety to the client n tell, instead of making crafted beers with flavour.

They know that making beer with real flavour has a cost for different malts, hops and yeasts so they come up with this doozy. well done to the blokes that sold this idea to the big boys but fk me, this is a disgrace.

Its ok though, the ladies will like them.....

:unsure:

Had a crack the other day out of curiosity. Had the lime pod. The singular most horrible "thing" I've ever drank. Went straight to Fat Yak (only other "craft" beer on tap) to remove the tasse from my mouth

Why wouldn't they fill pods with hops?
Or some kind of hop extract. There is a winner not lemon lime and raspberry.

It would actually be better with hops to get those oils for flavour, I wonder of they true that....

I would pay a few extra bucks for a hop infusion, even on a new or a vb.

Most comments on FB (that I read) were drilling CUB for the wastage/landfill as a result of all the spent pods. Apparently this is also an issue surrounding coffee pods.
Aside from the above I think the CUB flavour pod thing is a pisser :) it'll cost them a fortune to implement, will be done, dusted, chalked up as another failure and be forgotten about by the end of summer.

Agree with the pods being a waste and only adds to landfill. Besides the whole idea being a joke. Beer with a dash doesn't require a pod. Bizarre idea.

In the article, it mentions recycling the pods. Still a shit idea, doomed to fail.

Why not just get the old shot of lime in your VB?

Quality pubs trialling it in VIC.

VIC
Temperance, South Yarra
Bridge Inn, Mernda
Birmingham, Fitzroy
Elgin Hotel, Hawthorn
Union Hotel, Ascot Vale
Croydon Hotel, Croydon
The Cove, Patterson Lakes
SHR Bridge Hotel, Richmond
Precinct Hotel, Cremorne
Manhattan Hotel, Ringwood
Pascoe Vale, Pascoe Vale
Elsternwick Hotel, Elwood
Werribee Plaza, Hoppers Crossing

Perhaps Tap King can re-invent themselves with the genius of cordial pods!

Cordial beer. Disgraceful that such a large brewery resort to such a gimmick. I mean I've heard of craft/home brewers doing the odd flavour cheat but could you imagine the stiffs in the conference room that came up with this pitiful idea to keep up with the growing rise of superior craft beer. Some bright sparks dramatic breakthrough idea one day when they served themselves a coffee.
:lol:

Actually I'd rather a beer pushed through a pod of coffee. Wow!!! how innovative is that? maybe I should work for CUB!

Danscraftbeer said:
Actually I'd rather a beer pushed through a pod of coffee. Wow!!! how innovative is that? maybe I should work for CUB!
It's good through a randy, don't know if it'd have time to infuse through a pod... Unless you serve it hot?

Aha, CUB's next idea hot coffee pod beer... with creamer...

Latest posts

Back