Crown V Swing Top Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look identical the schwelmer bottles mentioned earlier, which you can pick up for around $55 for a carton of 12, full of beer. So $27 for 12 x empties it a bit pricey IMO.

Wow thanks for the advise people, some really good info, Think i will be on the hunt for some swing top bottles. G

I have about 60 Swing top 750ml bottles that I got from my LHBS, about $2 per bottle and easily available here in NZ.

Makes for an easy bottling day, with no capping needed...however I am a bit disappointed as I have had a number of bottles not seal completely and be flat - CO2 escaped.. : (
A real bugger especially as I have started extract brewing and adding lots of hops, which all costs and then to find the bottle is flat (often drank anyway).

Does anyone else have this issue? How can I fix it? Can you tighten them some how?

I am tempted to go back to my LHBS and get a refund for the ones that dont seal, however dont want to wait to find more that dont seal after time.

Should I go back to Crownies? Swing Tops look so much better, especially when serving to mates!

Cheers
Salt!

The company formally known as Brewcraft (now imake) have both 500 and 750 mL amber swing top bottles, they come with a silicone rubber seal that should last much longer than the old natural rubber seals on many commercial bottles.
New seals should be available from the shops that stock the bottles, although better the new seals wont last forever and its a good idea to have some spares.
A couple of the 750 mL bottles are handy to have around, fill from the tap like a mini growler, somewhere to put a couple of bottles of overs if you are kegging a batch...
MHB

As someone previously mentioned, if you buy a case:

Figtree Cellars (Local Liquor)
47 Princess Hwy, Figtree NSW
Fully Imported,
$33.99 (normally $49.99)
Expires 30th June 2011

I don't know if they are the swing-tops, but could be worth checking out anyway.

Latest posts

Back