Crewman Drivers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
As title suggests, I'm after feedback from crewman drivers. I might get one mid this year for work. Tie it into end of the biz financial feels about right.

Anyway - thus far I have learnt the following:

Rear seats are crap.
Diff problems - recalled.
Engine knock - recalled. ( not sure if it's just the 8's or 6's )
Reversing is a bit hard ( yeah - just learn to reverse I say )
Rides like a car - almost
Same as a commie on gas, except for the cross 8's

This will be used as a work hack, as well as a daily drive. By hack, I must say all my previous work hacks are maintained to a very high standard and are cleaner than most cars on the streets, inside and out.

I'm likely to go for a V8 as I will need to be able to tow the boat I'm getting. That's what the wife has been told anyway. But the question stands, are the SS crewmans THAT much better?

I would rather stay away from the Nissan's and Mitsi's. Rodeo's are nice. Anyone got a newish rodeo?

supercharded trd hilux ftw. dont own one but would LOVE to.

Crewman sucks arse, well the back seats do anyway.

They would have been better of making it an 'extra cab' like toyota and nissan did or does. The back seat suits nothing more than kids or your gear.

If you are not paying the fuel bill rodeos aren't too bad.

I'm a big toyota fan, can't beat the new hilux range.

(Or if you have the patience wait for VW's challenger to the hilux range and wait for the reviews...)

Thanks Boozy. I need a 4 door for when rellies and mates stay over. Don't want any more than one vehicle again, so must accommodate 'the others'.

It is indeed the rear seats putting me off the crewman right now. Think I better go and sit in some.

Hi,

My mate's got a 6cyl crewman for his work car and I've driven it and driven in it a few times. The ride is crap because the suspension is set up for 1 tonne. The back seats are very uncomfortable. It's also very long and difficult to park (if you're going to get one, option up the parking sensors).

On the upside the load area is huge and the FBT is low.

I'd be going for a jap diesel such is the Patrol, but I'm biased.

Cheers,

Tim

I have a family member who bought a crewman SS new. The fastest thing about it was the depreciation. $58k to about $20k in 3 years. If you get one 2nd hand very cheap and keep it a long time that is not a problem.

my 2c:

I drove a crewman from Adelaide to Deni and back. I hope they've fixed the diff problem because the thing had only done about 3,000kms and it sounded like a rooted taxi. The back seats are pretty well only for kids or shopping. ******* to park in the city because they are a long mofo, but I still kinda liked it.

Had a ride in the latest Rodeo a few months ago and the driver said it was a piece of crap.

I like the Toyotas but prefer the previous model.

I don't think you'll find any dual cab ute with decent rear seats. I had a Navara and the back seats were uncomfortable. The Hiluxes at work aren't much different. Sit in a few if it's an important thing for you.

Back