Creatures - Best Bitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got down to try this in between Chrissy and New Year.
As much as it was a good beer... to me, it was an English bitter made for Australians and Australia in general.
Main thing lacking for me was any yeast profile (at all really). And the body seemed a little out too... although the hand-pump would have helped maybe..??!?
maybe the guys could pop a plug in the cask for the hand-pump
i was really hoping to get an Oz made Bitter, that wasn't focused on appeasing our hot climate issues..?

Other than that, it was a pretty good beer and i grabbed a second pint (then went back to the pale).

Out
KoNG

Kong, I heard a rumour they are limited to the house yeasts so unless some white rabbits from Healesville get let loose in the LC Perth brewhouse there won't be too many characterful yeasts on hand to use.

Finally got down to try this in between Chrissy and New Year.
As much as it was a good beer... to me, it was an English bitter made for Australians and Australia in general.
Main thing lacking for me was any yeast profile (at all really). And the body seemed a little out too... although the hand-pump would have helped maybe..??!?
maybe the guys could pop a plug in the cask for the hand-pump
i was really hoping to get an Oz made Bitter, that wasn't focused on appeasing our hot climate issues..?

Other than that, it was a pretty good beer and i grabbed a second pint (then went back to the pale).

Out
KoNG

Ordinary bitters and to an extent best bitters are made to be easy drinking. Was the body too light or too heavy for you? To me it tasted a bit like Youngs bitter (which I drank 3 weeks ago in London), and was a pretty decent example of the style (which varies incredibly anyway). Even though they may have used their house yeast - some english strains (some of the london ones in particular) have a narrow, in the background profile that don't smack you with character - they are more subtle in their fruitiness. Actually to be honest, at the time I suspected a london yeast (maybe 1318?), but your right its probably the LC yeast and a good dose of goldings.

Though it was a pretty damn good beer

.. to me, it was an English bitter made for Australians and Australia in general.

Out
KoNG

Well I'll be buggered, and in Australia too
It's just not cricket

Batz

Back