Creating Multiple CO2 Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
Is there any reason multiples of CO2 regulators can't be joined in series with extension nipples on the high pressure side?

ie remove high pressure gauge on one reg and replace with nipple, on 2nd reg remove stem/bottle nut and screw onto nipple..

obviously there's some saftey factors to consider playing with high pressure, but I figure I do this when I change a gauge over...

I have an upcoming event where i'd like to feed several pouring pressures from one botttle.

Riddle me this..

are regulators NPT or BSP?

I thought they were NPT but I know on a couple I've screwed 1/4 BSP x 8mm (5/16") push fittings into the lo pressure outlet and had absolutely no leaks. I also reckon I've put BSP threaded guages into them with no issue (again most likely on the lo pressure side).

If they're NPT have I just bastardised the BSP threads in there and lucked out on no leaks as it's lo pressure side?

You may get lucky and the threads will be the same but i have a feeling some of the co2 pressure gauges are left hand thread, you should be able to establish if that is the case by inspecting the exposed thread on the co2 gauge.

I'd be more inclined to set the primary reg to the higher pressure, and obtain a low pressure rated reg to run off the lp side of the primary reg.

Cheers

dmac said:
I'd be more inclined to set the primary reg to the higher pressure, and obtain a low pressure rated reg to run off the lp side of the primary reg.
so in this scenario Just for example... the first reg would regulate from tank to 30psi, then the 2nd would regulate from 30 to 10psi?

are these low pressure regs around? I've never heard of them...

Yep,
That's it.

The regs would usually be an industrial type, maybe check ebay? I 'found' one which i was using after my main reg as a gas inlet to a hand pump system (set almost at zero, so that when the pump drew beer out of the keg, it would draw co2 in through the reg).

hmmm

i wonder if this would do the job, just for a one night party... so I don't want to go overboard on expendature

I have two standard regs setup in my keezer the same as suggested. The fittings on the regs are BSP. I have HP for charging the missus soda water and burping kegs or force carbing when needed and then a reg off that for feeding the manifold at a lower serving pressure. Works just fine and has for a long time.

regulator1.jpg

I bought an adapter from KegKing to do this. You just unscrew the HP gauge from the regulator, screw in the adapter, then screw a second regulator into the adapter.

printed forms section said:
hmmm

i wonder if this would do the job, just for a one night party... so I don't want to go overboard on expendature

The air regs work for inline no problems, but they must be after a proper CO2 reg. It may be hard to get a perfectly fine tuned pressure with such a large range on that one, but it would work.

Resurrecting an old thread here.

I've got a keg king CO2 regulator (don't know if it's Mk II or Mk III - was given to me so never paid much attention) and works fine.

I'm planning on piggybacking 2 regulators to run different CO2 pressures for different styles. Can the Mk II KK regulator piggyback the Mk III with an appropriate adaptor (i.e. the one on the KK website)?

Do the adaptors need threat tape, or do they just screw in and sit tightly?

Cheers,

JD

Latest posts

Back