Creamer (ISI) Gun carbonation?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwood

Reaction score
This is purely me being impatient and wanting to taste my new batch early (as i bottle carb and winter temps are killing me), but has anyone tried or heard of anyone carbing a beer in a Co2 whipped cream gun?

I realize this would not be economical or practical as it is hard/impossible to control the amount of Co2, but as i have a gun laying around somewhere and also Co2 canisters, i cannot help but wonder if i could be drinking sooner??? In theory it is just a small keg.

And please no comments of "patience" clearly i have ADD.....

I think it would overcarb your beer quite a bit and you'll just pour foam, but I'm happy to be corrected

Redwood said:
And please no comments of "patience" clearly i have ADD.....
ADD is also known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Predominantly Inattentive
You would totally forget about it if you had ADD

Source: I have ADD

The whipped cream guns use N2 not CO2, don't know what the difference in bottle volumes and pressures would be but could be significant. You could try a plastic coke bottle and carb cap but using one of those little inflator guns with a valve
ultraflate1.jpg

PET bottle / the carb cap / C02 charger sounds possible, there's probably some calculation around C02 volumes that could be applied to get a better answer.

Even when I force carb doing this with by C02 bottle for similar reasons (a cheeky frothy straight out of the fementer :) ) I chill it right down, give it an hour to settle followed by a very slow release of the cap.

dblunn said:
The whipped cream guns use N2 not CO2, don't know what the difference in bottle volumes and pressures would be but could be significant. You could try a plastic coke bottle and carb cap but using one of those little inflator guns with a valve
ultraflate1.jpg
They contain Nitrous Oxide AKA Laughing Gas, Nitro. Go-Gas... Not a good idea to put it in beer as its a really powerful oxidising agent (that's why they used it to blow up car engines), it will make your beer taste like crap in a very short amount of time, i.e. Oxidise the shit out of it!
Mark

Yes they use n2 to whip cream but I used to use co2 in them all the time to infuse oils quickly as a chef. Also used n2 to get high for a lil while... I'm assuming over carbed. But I think I will give it a go. Probably going to just make a mess.

This is fairly important Nitrogen is N2 about 80% of the atmosphere. Nitrous Oxide is N2O
One is used in Guinness and other cream pour systems, the other will bugger your beer
M

I've pulled out the soda stream a few times when I've been too impatient. Worked fine.

Redwood said:
Thanks sp0rk. But that's ADHD. *Correction.
the DSM classifies both types as ADHD, but seperates them as Predominantly Inattentive or Predominantly Hyperactive
ADD is more the legacy name

Back