• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Crankandstein Mill for sale (with extras) - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpsqueak

Barbeerian
Reaction score
My neighbour is selling his Crankandstein 2A mill. Excellent condition.
It's mounted on a perspex plate that attaches to a handy pail. It is also fitted with a timber mount for the hopper, which is a 20L water cooler bottle.

Asking $150

Must be collected from Berowra, Sydney.

IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

Is he willing to go a bit cheaper mate? I'm interested but just bought a house and trying to get back into brewing.

Good deal for an excellent mill! I had one until I upgraded to the three roller version.

That perspex plate is beautiful. Clever idea

Ok I will go for it pimpsqueak, just got in on the Sydney bulk buy so I'll need a mill!

Go for it Clint, you won't regret it, and at BB malt prices it will pay for itself very quickly.

Thanks Bribie G. I thought I was giving up brewing a few years ago (cause I thought I was drinking too much) and sold a lot of kit (including this type of mill). That lasted for about a week!!

Anyway back on the horse and trying to get started with the gear collection again.

Off topic, but where's the recipe for your Vienna Lager? I made it many moons ago and am well keen on doing it again.

I lost the original when my machine died a few years ago. However it's fairly simple:

Vienna 100%
Saaz to about 25 IBU, single bittering addition but it carries over very well into the finish.

I'm not sure about the yeast, it could well have been S-189 as that's Swiss (next to Austria :p ) but it could possibly have been Wyeast Budvar... seems to ring a bell.

Funny you mention Vienna as my mate down the road ordered a sack of wheat from a supplier and got sent Vienna instead, I'm going to buy half a sack off him and do a batch.

Oh the Saaz!! yes that is definitely the secret there. I think you also put a capful of vanilla essence into the keg. That was one of the fastest beers I've ever smashed out of the keg too. Cheers for helping out mate.

I also seem to remember S-189 as well, pretty sure I got it from Ross.

Mill was not sold to me btw.

If anyone has one, please get in touch.

Latest posts

Back