Crankandstein Choices

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have had a 2s for about 9 months and straight out the box never had any problems works great for the TAB as roach said great bang for your buck

I just requested a quote from TWOC in WA & received the reply that the CGM2A with 1/2" upgrade costs AUD$223.50 and Express Post postage AUD$9.70 to Sydney.

HOWEVER, "We don't generally stock the 2A with 1/2' but can order them in". The
lead time is about 10 weeks using sea freight as apparently air freight would add AUD$45.

It might be best going direct to crankenstein & paying air freight for a 2A. Dunno about other models.

beers

crozdog

On the subject of contacting crankenstein direct I have sent them two emails, one on the 15th Feb and another on the 21st and have yet to recieve a response.

Who are you guys addressing your emails too?
I have just used their contact details on the site.

They had some price reductions listed and I was wanting to place an order for a mill but need cost confirmation.

Cheers

BB

BoilerBoy said:
On the subject of contacting crankenstein direct I have sent them two emails, one on the 15th Feb and another on the 21st and have yet to recieve a response.

Who are you guys addressing your emails too?
I have just used their contact details on the site.

They had some price reductions listed and I was wanting to place an order for a mill but need cost confirmation.

Cheers

BB
[post="111327"][/post]​
I had no problems contacting them from the email on the website. Prompt reply and good advice.

I have sent them another email, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

BB

How much does a three roller jobbie weigh. Motherinlaw is coming back from US in april so was thinking of getting her to put one in hand luggage.

Cheers

Richard

recharge said:
How much does a three roller jobbie weigh. Motherinlaw is coming back from US in april so was thinking of getting her to put one in hand luggage.

Cheers

Richard
[post="111669"][/post]​
Also any major advantage in paying for the stainless rollers or is unnescessary?
I guess i just wanna buy the right mill the first time. May as well capitalise on minimal postage.

Cheers

:beer:

Richard

the advantage with stainless steel rollers is that they won't rust like the standard mild steel ones, if you get them wet. if you have the readies to splash out and go for ss, otherwise performance wise there would be negligible difference.

roach said:
the advantage with stainless steel rollers is that they won't rust like the standard mild steel ones, if you get them wet. if you have the readies to splash out and go for ss, otherwise performance wise there would be negligible difference.
[post="111808"][/post]​
Well i was kind of figuring what i save by having it brought over should be reinvested into upgrading. i guess i'll have it for life may as well go the whole hog.
I'm thinking CGM-3D 1/2" drive and stainless rollers.

Cheers

Richard

Just got a price back today on a crakandstein CGM - 2D with SS rollers

$265 USD surface mail to SA (8-10 weeks)

A Barley Crusher with 15 pound hopper ready to go "no SS rollers"

$209.50 AIR MAIL 4-6days!

BB

BoilerBoy said:
Just got a price back today on a crakandstein CGM - 2D with SS rollers

$265 USD surface mail to SA (8-10 weeks)

BB
[post="111816"][/post]​
For an extra US$51 i will get three roller 1/2" SS delivered i think to mother in law whos coming home in april.

Trying to order as I type

Richard

For my first 20 ag brews, and a stack of partial mashes, I used a flour mill which did a great job of making flour. Then I lashed out on a barley crusher and think it is great. But what I would really like is an SS tripple roller fully optioned crankandstein. Maybe one day when I am rich I will buy one.

Your choice depends on how much money you have and whether the brewing passion is a passing fad or a life long hobby.

For some more ideas on mills, have a search for Chiller's take on mills. He has purchased and used a couple over the last few years. Do a search on his name and mills.

Don't believe the stated time for surface shipping. It depends on which boat your order ends up. You could be lucky and recieve your shipment in four weeks, or it may take up to 12 weeks, and then customs may decide to hang on to it for a while.

pint of lager said:
DELETED

Don't believe the stated time for surface shipping. It depends on which boat your order ends up. You could be lucky and recieve your shipment in four weeks, or it may take up to 12 weeks, and then customs may decide to hang on to it for a while.
[post="111823"][/post]​

Spot on POL, my crankandstein was shipped via surface, and 2 weeks later was on my doorstep. I suspect the crankandsteins have such a small footprint ccompared to say post mix kegs that there is always a chance they will arrive earlier. But then again could take the full 12 weeks. Luck of the draw.

Gooday people
I got a triple S/S roller Crankandstein mill for Christmas. Due to work commitments I have only just started to motorise this beastie. I read all the posts on this subject and decided to go with a 240 Volt motor. I used a 4 pole induction motor rated at 600 watts.
This motor runs @ 1400rpm. I am useing a 1.5 inch pulley on the motor shaft and a 12 inch pulley on the mill. By my calculations the mill will run at 175n rpm. I have test run the mill straight out of the box today for the first time. I am impressed with the test crush. I have a few minor adjustments to make and I will be brewing this comeing Sunday.The complete assembly is designed to fit on a 50 litre plastic bin I purchased from Big W. When not in use the complete unit minus the bin will hang on the brewhouse wall. Piccys to follow after first crush.
Cheers Altstart

Back