Craftbrewer Hoax!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,10 characters is very short for safety,up 32 would be way better. I'm wondering if anyone still has one of these emails ? I'm helping Ross out in a way and want to try and get this spammer's website shut down for breaching the terms of his domain host.At the least I'll get him/her put on a worldwide spammer database.I need a copy of the email,complete with headers,as proof of breach.Full headers are all the computer language about the origin of the email,it's a slightly different way to view the header depending on your email type,hotmail,yahoo,etc.Generally "view source" .If someone still has a copy and can send it to me, including headers ,please pm me here.If you've a copy but not sure how to get the header,I'll explain it for whatever email you've got . :)

PM sent

Is the site down as I've not even been able toaccess it in the last two days? :(

Hirns

Is the site down as I've not even been able toaccess it in the last two days? :(

Hirns

Guys, if it's still down for you I suggest you clear your browser history (cookies etc.) and you should be good to go. Worked for me, anyway

From Luke, fixs it.

Nope still this!

craft.jpg

F5 or Ctrl R should fix it up if you are using Windoze.

Would anyone who still has one of these emails please send me it with full headers? pm me here for my email addy to send it to.This will explain how to get the full headers :)
<h2 class="posttitle icon">
icon2.png
How to find email headers </h2>
OK, we should have done this a long time but we didn't. So here it is. I will build it, or other admins will help build it.

What is an email header?
An email header provides all the information about an email you received. That includes really important things like where the email originated from. Don't write us asking us to arrest some scammer if you don't give us an email header. It can't be done.

Why do you (AFI) want full email headers?
An email header will show the originating ISP (i.e. where the email came from) and it also tells us the route that an email took from the scammer's computer to yours. We don't use all of that information but other people ;) around here do.

An email header does not look like this:

Subject: CONTACT FEDEX COURIER COMPANY
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008,

That does not tell us very much except the email account the scammer used to send the email and the name on the account. It also tells us the date he sent the email. That's about 20% useful information. In short, it really does not provide much that is useful.

An email header is longer and looks something like this (this is a yahoo email header, an example):

X-Apparently-To: [[email protected]] 203.216.249.210; Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:16:00 +0900
X-Originating-IP: [120.12.33.215] <----This is important
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none ([120.12.33.215]: domain of [[email protected]] does not designate permitted sender hosts)
Authentication-Results: mta127.mail.tnz.adress.com from=scam.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 120.12.33.215 (EHLO 120.12.33.215) (120.12.33.215)by mta127.mail.tnz.address.com with SMTP; Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:15:59 +0900
Message-ID: <000501c91d33$051c2fb1$ece09ab2@cfgqvryg>
To: "Your name" <[email protected]>
Subject: Hi! I'm a scammer and I want to steal your money
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:30:51 +0000
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0002_01C91D33.0519E9D0"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2727.1300
Content-Length: 1445

Do you want the body text of the email?
Yes. The header by itself tells us where the email came from but it doesn't tell us what the email says.

How do I post a scam email at AFI?
Copy and paste everything including the full email header. Please be sure that you remove your email address from the post. In the above example where your email is [[email protected]] you can post @address.com or [[email protected]]. That doesn't affect what we do one way or another but you do not want your email to become public. Especially here.

Find them!
Below we will post some servers and links to specific posts about how to find headers using those email servers. Click on the email service you use and we will try to walk you through some step-by-step instructions to find the email headers.

(Note to admins, etc. Please activate the link in these servers as you post here. Thanks)

AOL

Bigstring

CompuServe

Cox.net

Excite

Eudora

Fastmail

Gmail

Hotmail

Lycos

Mail.com

Macintosh OS X Mail

MSN

Netscape

Orange Webmail UK

Outlook

Outlook Express

Rediffmail

Sify.com

Squirrel Mail

Thunderbird

WebTV

Windows Live Mail

Yahoo (all language versions)​

Would anyone who still has one of these emails please send me it with full headers? pm me here for my email addy to send it to.This will explain how to get the full headers :)

Ross said they used his newsletter service to send the emails, I don't think the headers are going to tell you anything more than that it originated from craftbrewer.

I just recieved an amail in my hatmail account that says Craftbrewer has scramblid all my vowuls.

Can it be that I'm not meshing at a hegh enough bitrete?

And NEB Bank says I heve lust one milliun dollarz becausi I usad all the seme passwurds.

Oh noz.

OK, so this has finally kicked me off to managing passwords properly with KeePass, but, I cannot find anywhere on Craftbrewer to change password, and if it is simply over typing the current password in the Account section, the password field is not really long enough.....

I don't know? How do you change your password?
Perhaps you need to go through the forgot my password trail.

Guys, just log in as normal & go to update my details. Enter your new password & scroll down to save changes & you're all done.

Update details - change password

get 1password. Keep all ur passwords under lock and key. My 1password is more than 25 letters and numbers none to do with my personal details or sequential words. All my passwords safe, sound and complicated and I only have to remember 1of them.

I changed my password from password to password1.

No one ever guesses the key is under the doormat.

I used to have a programme that tracked E-mails backed to source and all junctions in between using data from the hidden headers.
Buggered if I can find it now though I am pretty sure it was freeware.

email tracker pro

Ross said they used his newsletter service to send the emails, I don't think the headers are going to tell you anything more than that it originated from craftbrewer.
Probably right,but i'd love to see anyway,and thanks to the members who have messaged me.So far I've found this out,it's a start ;) His phone number details

Tel. +98.9171762673

Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Iran
City or exchange location South Iran
Original network provider* Mobile Communications Company of Iran (TCI)

I changed my password from password to password1.

No one ever guesses the key is under the doormat.

All my passwords are blank. Everyone keeps trying and trying, but no one thinks that the password is actually no password.

Crazy -- like a fox :p

Probably right,but i'd love to see anyway,and thanks to the members who have messaged me.So far I've found this out,it's a start ;) His phone number details

Tel. +98.9171762673

Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Iran
City or exchange location South Iran
Original network provider* Mobile Communications Company of Iran (TCI)

Sure doesn't look like a naughty Aussie then, he maybe on the next boat but?

I got that hoax email twice, 1 minute apart.
The first to the email address I have with Craftbrewer and the other one to a different email address that has never been sent to Craftbrewer.
I thought that was rather interesting.

I got that hoax email twice, 1 minute apart.
The first to the email address I have with Craftbrewer and the other one to a different email address that has never been sent to Craftbrewer.
I thought that was rather interesting.

Drop me an email & i'll check it out for you, as they only used our mailing lists that I'm aware of.

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back