Craftbrewer Ginger Beer Yeast Info?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ester Trub

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any info on Craftbrewer's ginger beer yeast?
Have you used it?
Does anyone know what it is?
How should it be prepared? Starter or straight in the fermenter?

I've just brewed a fairly high alcohol ginger beer and I have a pack, but I see that a lot of people recommend the use of US-05 in a ginger beer.
Thoughts?

Cheers

I can't say I've used the CB GB yeast, but I can imagine it would do the trick if you decided to try it. Ross wouldn't stock something that isn't worthwhile.

I use Morgan's GB kits in making my Powderkeg GB, and I find that the kit yeast to be ideal. I use it plus the enzyme sachet that is included and have had fantastic results. I have tried brewing a batch using US-05 as well, but it didn't necessarily do anything for the GB IMHO. A lot of people have used US-05 and think highly of it, and I am pretty sure it is used in a couple of commercially available GB's as well. You could certainly do a lot worse than using either of the options you are considering... :icon_cheers:

Edit - spullink

I've found most HB Ginger Beers kits are designed not to handle to many fermentables. Most instructions see the GB only being around 3%

My last GB stalled cause the yeast couldnt handle it i think. Same as u i was aiming for a more alcoholic GB at 5.5%

I pitched a new US05 yeast with this one and it worked out a treat!! Will forever only make GB now iwth this yeast

Latest posts

Back