Craft beer shops SE Melb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeggie

Reaction score
Hey guys, about to relocate for work/family to the Hallam/Narre Warren area. After being spoilt in inner northern suburbs with Carwyn cellars/Purvis/Slow beer and more, what shops are a doable drive from this area? My only knowledge is 2 Brothers brewery is a bit of a drive in.

Damn it's as dire as I thought. Have to keep making trips into Richmond ☺

I'm in hallam mate.
We're definitely not spoilt for choice out here.
I have found that the IGA on Wellington rd in Rowville stocks a few good beers that you don't get at the majors.
Founders all day IPA and others from the states, some good Aussie craft also.

CF

Their Curmudgeon is a tasty drop too. Not quite as sessionable though.

Camo6 said:
Their Curmudgeon is a tasty drop too. Not quite as sessionable though.
Haven't tried that one. Breakfast Stout is a winner, the Porter is AMAZING even the Centennial IPA is decent for a dank beer.

Sorry for the OT.

The IGA in Towerhill Frankston South stocks over 100 craft beers. The manager is a huge craft beer fan and their range is great.
Rogue including all their speciality beers like voodoo donut or whatever it's called, Epicurean fig and coffee stout, Founders, 8 wired, MPB and Redhill, and. Heap more. Okay so not that close to Hallam, but closer than inner city. And while your down that way go to Majestic Cellars in Mount Eliza. They also have a huge range.

Dans at Lyndhurst have a decent range as far as Dans go. And the First Choice at Fountain Gate used to stock some decent craft beer too.

Frankston south is a fair hike (30+mins) from the ghetto - uh I mean Hallam/Narre
Would be quicker to head towards town.

Have been staying in bridge rd Richmond for the last week, it's been great!!

Thanks guys!

IGA Wellington rd Rowville - if it has Founders that would be excellent, -love- their breakfast stout, very keen to try out their all day IPA.

Back