Craft Beer Crusaders - Ch 31 - April 30

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's up on the channel 31 website to watch. Just spent 20mins at work watching it. I thought it was ok. For the non homebrewer, it would of been an insight as to what the rough processes are involved. Thursday's might become my favourite day with watching the crusaders at work and then the goumet farmer at home.

Nibbo said:
She's up on the channel 31 website to watch. Just spent 20mins at work watching it. I thought it was ok. For the non homebrewer, it would of been an insight as to what the rough processes are involved. Thursday's might become my favourite day with watching the crusaders at work and then the goumet farmer at home.
Where abouts? It's not on the YouTube page and for the life of me I cannot find it on the page

Thanks, I found that small vid and thought it was the shortest TV show ever :lol: didn't realise it loaded the longer one afterwards, now I have something to watch while I have lunch :D

Just watched the webcast and quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to future episodes. Well done guys.

P.S. took me a few minutes finding it in the C31 website.

Great job guys! Really enjoyed it and good to see you visiting some breweries had never heard of!

Thanks for the kind words. the episodes get better & we get better at questioning as we move along. that was the first time either of us had done anything like it so we were nervous :)

We visit a few more small & unique breweries in upcoming episodes that you may not have heard of :)

Top effort guys. I think after watching it that the critisism you've recieved earlier was unwarranted. The show puts craft beer in a good light and i'm sure is going to get even better as you gain experience.
Top effort and well done. I'll be watching the lot.

Hop you have all remembered to vote for your beer of choice from each brewery we've gone to in this episode

Link to voting is here http://wp.me/P2E8eR-2A

You can select a beer from each brewery & the winning beer from each entry will have a keg sent to the Local Taphouse in St.Kilda for our final episode where we will have 100 tickets available for the public to come & taste the beer & vote again on the best of the 20 available to sample from the entire series

The guy with the beard reminds me of a thinner, polite and sober version of Chappo.

bradsbrew said:
The guy with the beard reminds me of a thinner, polite and sober version of Chappo.
A unicorn, you mean?

I enjoyed the show, and look forward to the next episode. I'm hoping to hear more about the beers you're drinking though. An example is the "True South" visit you did, we heard more detail about the food than we did the beer. Comments like "This is the Argie" don't mean a lot to anyone who hasn't been to True South (I haven't). What's an "Argie"? Was it an ale, a lager? Belgian? Argentinian maybe? Same for Black Heart's pale ale tasting...no mention of what kind of hops, how the brewery adds them, etc. I'm not looking for great detail or any kind of recipe, but something like "We like to use whole hop flowers late in the boil" wouldn't be out of place.

carniebrew said:
I enjoyed the show, and look forward to the next episode. I'm hoping to hear more about the beers you're drinking though. An example is the "True South" visit you did, we heard more detail about the food than we did the beer. Comments like "This is the Argie" don't mean a lot to anyone who hasn't been to True South (I haven't). What's an "Argie"? Was it an ale, a lager? Belgian? Argentinian maybe? Same for Black Heart's pale ale tasting...no mention of what kind of hops, how the brewery adds them, etc. I'm not looking for great detail or any kind of recipe, but something like "We like to use whole hop flowers late in the boil" wouldn't be out of place.
Hi Beer God, we agree about giving more info on the beers & we learnt from episode 1 after we saw rough edits from when it was filmed last year. Newer episodes yet to air are much better at covering flavours & aromas etc.. with True south they wanted us to focus on the food & show it can match beer. If you've not been there you should give the food/beer pairing there a go. Great food & great beer :) well worth a trip down there

Back