Craft Beer Crusaders - Ch 31 - April 30

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carpedaym said:
Just a bump to note that this airs tonight.

Strap down; it's going to be a low-budget ride...
For those wanting to watch our show it Airs tonight on Ch31 (44 Digital) at 9PM & online afterwards. not sure when the web version goes live i would assume straight after the show.

As for our show being a low budget ride, just want to clarify it's a NO BUDGET ride :) so sit back & enjoy having a laugh at our expense.

Don't expect it to be brilliant as yet but hoping that if this season works we will get funding & the quality will then improve.

Enjoy it for what it is. Two blokes having fun with craft beer & taking it to the greater community

The whole channel looks like it's full of stuff i'd watch. Unfortunately in the Great Wilds Of Tamorth NSW the channel doesn't air.

Who do i write to about trying to get a repeater here from the newcastle channel or something

Local Memeber Windsor?

Channel 31 themselves?

I don't know where to start.

punkin said:
The whole channel looks like it's full of stuff i'd watch. Unfortunately in the Great Wilds Of Tamorth NSW the channel doesn't air.

Who do i write to about trying to get a repeater here from the newcastle channel or something

Local Memeber Windsor?

Channel 31 themselves?

Didn't he just say it's going to be on the internet? No need to go to that effort

Afternoon everyone just under 6 hours to go before our show airs. i've spoken to Channel31 about the online option & am awaiting a response which will hopefully contain a link for those of you outside the Airing range.

I will be sure to post it here for those who need it as soon as it comes to hand

Good luck, CBC.

Pepper your angus.

The whole channel looks like it's full of stuff i'd watch. Unfortunately in the Great Wilds Of Tamworth NSW the channel doesn't air.

Local Memeber Windsor?

Channel 31 themselves?

eddy22 said:
Didn't he just say it's going to be on the internet? No need to go to that effort

Did you even read the post you quoted?

I want to watch the channel as well as the show. -_-

Hey guys Channel 31 have informed me that the online viewing option will be available no later than COB thursday. Keep an eye out for it online. I will upload the link page once it goes live,

Cheers Mark

Yeah I watched it. It was a bit hit and miss for me.

They visited Black Heart Brewer, 2-Brothers and True South (If I remember correctly because they were more interested in the food at True South than the beer)

The Black Heart interview was in my opinion a bit poor and the comments during the tasting were along the lines of "It's hoppy" so not very informative. The brewer wanted to talk about the malt backbone but was seemingly shunned.

On a positive note, the 2-brothers brewery tour they went on would have been informative to those who didn't know about homebrew but the guys wanted to taste and act afool rather than allow the viewer to learn.

Overall though it was watchable and I did sit for the whole show. I will watch again when they go to Mornington next week, I go there nearly every week and love their IPA's and Sorachi Kolsch.

Yeah I thought it was pretty average. Would of loved to of heard more about the actual brewery setup at black heart as its in the guys shed.

Will watch again hopefully its a little more informative next week

Morning guys

Thanks for watching the show. Just wanted to let you know we do get better. this was the very first time we'd done anything like it & we know we missed a few options but it's also good to remember the show is about exposing those non craft beer people to it as well as craft beer lovers like us.

With True south we did discuss beer & a portion of the brewing process with them but the aim was to show people that food goes with beer as well as wine.

Cheers & i hope you tune in next week because it's much more beer geeky down at red hill :) Oh & remember we are just two guys doing a show with no money so we're doing our best :)

I haven't seen it yet (waiting for the online version) but I say good work for even trying to do it...I would be sh*ting myself :lol: I look forward to seeing it (and many more)

Agree Doon and Edak, the things that the fella at Black Heart COULD have said if he was asked the right questions. Sure not everyone want's to know boil additions but "It's Hoppy" might have been a good segueway to explain that there is a myriad of hop varieties and perhaps a comment on the brewers favourites.

The tasting was a uninformative. I have absolutely no experience with beer appraisal apart from my own tastes and likes but even a layman's description would have been more interesting. And the poor ******* at True South. Call him a "Man Child" for a cheap laugh (not) and put him on the back foot straight away. The only actual information came from one of the boys at 2 Brothers when he was discussing grain and malting.

Harsh critic I know but early days for the boys. I hope they find their groove as the concept is great and I think there is an audience for it.

Perhaps a show with a more technical insight would be better for us. AHB TV? Forum trolls hosing down everyone's opinions might be more entertaining on TV?

Good on 'em for having a crack. I watched it all despite my criticism. Think of Channel 31 fishing shows and just how appallingly bad they were. Some of them have come a long way since they started.

Craft Beer Crusader said:
Morning guys

Thanks for watching the show. Just wanted to let you know we do get better. this was the very first time we'd done anything like it & we know we missed a few options but it's also good to remember the show is about exposing those non craft beer people to it as well as craft beer lovers like us.

With True south we did discuss beer & a portion of the brewing process with them but the aim was to show people that food goes with beer as well as wine.

Cheers & i hope you tune in next week because it's much more beer geeky down at red hill :) Oh & remember we are just two guys doing a show with no money so we're doing our best :)
Well done. Posted prior to seeing. Excellent news , keep plugging away.

431neb said:
Agree Doon and Edak, the things that the fella at Black Heart COULD have said if he was asked the right questions. Sure not everyone want's to know boil additions but "It's Hoppy" might have been a good segueway to explain that there is a myriad of hop varieties and perhaps a comment on the brewers favourites.

The tasting was a uninformative. I have absolutely no experience with beer appraisal apart from my own tastes and likes but even a layman's description would have been more interesting. And the poor ******* at True South. Call him a "Man Child" for a cheap laugh (not) and put him on the back foot straight away. The only actual information came from one of the boys at 2 Brothers when he was discussing grain and malting.

Harsh critic I know but early days for the boys. I hope they find their groove as the concept is great and I think there is an audience for it.

Perhaps a show with a more technical insight would be better for us. AHB TV? Forum trolls hosing down everyone's opinions might be more entertaining on TV?

Good on 'em for having a crack. I watched it all despite my criticism. Think of Channel 31 fishing shows and just how appallingly bad they were. Some of them have come a long way since they started.
Thanks for your feedback :)

we do get better :) i promise

Any way of catching this as a webcast. ? Looked up the Channel 31 website but could not see any webcasts.

Whoops just seen higher up not available until Thursday presumeably it is on the Youtube Channel 31 site.

Back