Counter Pressure Bottle Fillers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked for many years at SA Brewing in the bottle and can filling and sections as a leading hand and some points to consider using counter pressure filling equipment
1 beer fills quieter the cooler it is - try using an in line cooling system
2 use CO2 for counter pressure
3 ideally regulate pressure to 1.2 bar

If filling becomes wild (very frothy) adjust points 1 and or 3, remenbering that the higher the alcohol the lower the temp you can go before freezing.

Vin

:chug:

I worked for many years at SA Brewing in the bottle and can filling and sections as a leading hand and some points to consider using counter pressure filling equipment
1 beer fills quieter the cooler it is - try using an in line cooling system
2 use CO2 for counter pressure
3 ideally regulate pressure to 1.2 bar

If filling becomes wild (very frothy) adjust points 1 and or 3, remenbering that the higher the alcohol the lower the temp you can go before freezing.

Vin

:chug:

Too hard
I am yet to be convinced that a simple bit of priming can be improved upon

Batz

thanks for the comment tho Vin, good to hear it from the horses mouth as to how they get (such an awful) beer bottled and carbonated properly.
Can someone equate 1.2 bar into something I can dial up on a KPA reg?

thanks for the comment tho Vin, good to hear it from the horses mouth as to how they get (such an awful) beer bottled and carbonated properly.

120 Kpa

Wally

No way could you fill a bottle without foaming at 120 Kpa

120 Kpa

Wally

No way could you fill a bottle without foaming at 120 Kpa

Batz,

The beer doesn't 'see' 120kpa as there is the same pressure already in the bottle (ie the counter-pressure) which stops it rushing in. The beer only starts to flow when you start to bleed the gas from the bottle and hence fills very gently. But the applied pressure helps to keep the gas in solution.

David

Cheers Batz.
It looks the goods for a bit of brew bling but as you say----- no rave reviews.

Big D

Reading the Blichmann bulk buy thread has conviced me a CPBF would be a better option, and I will purchase one very soon.

Cheers, Andrew.

The beer doesn't 'see' 120kpa as there is the same pressure already in the bottle (ie the counter-pressure) which stops it rushing in. The beer only starts to flow when you start to bleed the gas from the bottle and hence fills very gently. But the applied pressure helps to keep the gas in solution.

David

Of course.
Silly me :p
Still most people who own a CPBF state they rarely use it as it to much hassle.

Batz

Probably the same reason as to why im giving up brewing.Its just too much hassle.

D

Probably the same reason as to why im giving up brewing.Its just too much hassle.

D

And drinking Big D,too much hard work :lol:

Batz

Back