Cortez Is A Killer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
Today I had a brew day with SullyStuckSparge, BribeVindalooGod, GravityGaylord, MarkOcassionallyBrews, FatzGodFatzZilla and me (of course)

Thankfully he brought some of our Southern brotherhoods brews from the last IBU case swap.Secret society apparently? Southerners are so weird? :ph34r:

Praise is due to Cortez, mate your brew for me stood out. Just my point of view mate but well done! :beerbang:

PoMO your brew needed... well... it need coffee grinds? No it needed fresh pears? No? Chocolate? Seriously good Brew hairy legs!

Fatz: Your thingy needed... well a thingy :chug: ...

FATZ ENJOYED YOUR COMPANY BIG FELLA!

Sully thanks for a great day!

PoMO your brew needed... well... it need coffee grinds? No it needed fresh pears? No? Chocolate? Seriously good Brew hairy legs!

Bitch :p

Nice to see that Fatz is spreading the word of the brews we work so hard to keep quiet down here.

Not everyday you get your own thread CTK. Just rewards for a great beer/brewer :icon_cheers: ,

but where does Fatz get off sharing IBU case swaps? Is that allowed :lol:

Yep was a top brew Cortez. Actually there were quite a few good brews tasted today.
Good to put a few faces to names as well. Was good to meet Fatz, even though he is a bit quiet and doesnt talk much ;)
Cheers for the day Sully

Brad

It was a great day, thanks for coming guys - although who is this Mark dude you mentioned Chappo in the OP?? Was I that pissed that I forgot him?? And you didnt mention Bradsbrew :p

I am on the 2nd sparge now and a nice looooong 90min boil ahead of me.

Bribie - than Vindaloo was fan-fkn-tastic. No1 son enjoyed it also.

Thanks to Bradsbrew for the loan of his mill - again

Chappo, you forgot your grinder. Posession is 9/10s of the law.

Fatz has all the empties and taking them to BABBS on thursday so if you are there claim them. The only souvenir he will have is a bit of a hangover in the morning :lol:

We tried a few great brews from the Mexicans. Cortez, PoMo's and GrantWs stood out - or the only ones I remember :blink:

Heres a photo of Chappos contribution for the day, he said it works better than Rice Hulls.

Cheers Guys

IMG_2501.JPG

Fatz just called me and let me know he's up the duff. You bloody Queenslanders are naughty when you're full of beans! :lol:

(I live here, but born is NSW. I am part of the 'Clean up Australia Campaign' and just doing my job!)

Fatz just called me and let me know he's up the duff. You bloody Queenslanders are naughty when you're full of beans! :lol:

(I live here, but born is NSW. I am part of the 'Clean up Australia Campaign' and just doing my job!)
He said it was his and your lovechild...

BTW GrantW +1 on yours mate enjoyed it a lot!

PoMo sorry mate but you really need to work on your adjuncts! :lol:

Thanks Fatz for sharing I will have to try to round up some roadies for the southern brewerhood before you leave.

The vindaloo was fantastic Bribie went well with the amber. Chappos rice was ok had a raiseny taste though.
Oh yeah thanks for the help wiyh the keg guys was much lighter putting back in the fridge :D

Brad

Brilliant day. Beer made, beers drunk in the company of friends, some new and some already familiar. Thanks to Mrs Sully for dropping me off at Burpengary station to catch the train to Caboolture to link up with the bus to Bribie Island. Now you aren't going to believe this but:

Mrs Sully was a bit too efficient because I actually got on an earlier train and had half an hour to kill, so I went over the road to the Club hotel for a pint of Stella. The Stella had been pulled and had to have a XXXX (tasted like pi$$ after the beers today). I don't usually drink sitting at bars and took my glass of mouse pee into the pokies area, put five bucks in and on the third spin scooped a $120 jackpot. :eek:

I'm back to square one because Ross will be assembling an order for 20 k Maris otter floor malted, various grains and hops etc when he opens up on Tuesday :)

Couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke :p

Top day

Edit: I've already PMd the vindaloo recipe to Fermented as he's a curry freak so if anyone wants the exact recipe I'll just cut n paste and send it to you

Brad, delicious quaffer I'm almost tempted to ditch the 2L PETs and go keg.

I'm still to crack Cortez and Grant's case swap beers, but I've never had a bad beer from either of them. Maybe that one of Grant's that tasted of Camomile was a bit suss, but otherwise they're great brewers. What we call "standard brewers" around here ;)

You're all be welcome to our next big brew day/real ale fest, it's even better when it's fresh :icon_drool2:

We'd have to move from Ray's place to a larger venue like WIN stadium if word keeps getting out like this.

Latest posts

Back