A 'Hey' from the Fleurieu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottsrx

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought I better do an intro post finally. I'm located on the Southern Fleurieu in SA, about 20mins from Victor Harbor or 60 odd kms from the CBD.

I've been reading and reading and reading the forums a lot recently as I've decided it's time to make a comeback to the world of home brewing, finally. I used to run kit after kit after kit through the fermenter, when I lived with a bunch of mates on minimum wage, many years ago (late 90's)

I hung up the stirring spoon and kettle when I moved out and haven't had a chance to get back into it until now. I only ventured into kit brewing back then but am very keen to start with partials and BIAB, they look like so much fun. Eventually I'd love to get to the all grain world, one day.

I'm very close to finishing building my BIG shed and will be looking to dedicate an area for brewing, sampling and the like. Over the next few weeks/months I'll be brushing up on my knowledge (I'm already playing around with Brewmate) as well as collect up some gear as my wife's claimed the majority of my old gear for horse related use :(

I've also got some hops varities growing now, thanks to hoppy2B, so I look forward to getting them off the ground. I'm even thinking of trying my hand at malting one day as my dad crops a couple of hundred acres of barley each year and gets Malt grade everytime (not sure of the variety but I will investigate)

Anyway, thats enough mumbling. Can't wait to start meeting a few guys on here and getting to know the community. Thanks for all your help in advance :)

Cheers,
Scott.

Back