Coopers To Change Bottle Supplier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarmBeer

Unhappy camper
Reaction score
Found this on another brewing related site:

http://www.microbrewing.com.au/news/articl...or-coopers.html

What does this mean for homebrewers?

Coopers longnecks are by far the best, and most commonly used bottles, no clues given as to whether the new bottle supplier will use similar thickness glass, or crown seals.

Going to have to buy myself a couple of cases of Foreign Extra Stout. Damn! ;)

unless cooper's are going to change the bottling plant i would say they would stay the same

Pretty sure a member here works at the current bottle plant. Perhaps they could shed some light?

Coopers Managing Director, Dr Tim Cooper, said . . .

The new arrangements and changes we have made to our bottling line have enabled us to make significant savings.

So significant reduction in Coopers Prices then Dr Tim?? ^_^

Methinks not <_<

Cheers

I thought this back in the nineties when they went from super heavy duty bottles to heavy duty bottles. Everything changes from coco pops to wagon wheels better get use to it.

bet they are glad that the Northern Express way opened today that will make sure that they get there quicker hehe

just thought I'd find this and bump it with some results.. I was washing a bottle today from a new buy.. first one for some time I am pleased to say.. anywhoo as is my way when I've finished a bottle I give it a good rinse under hot water and generally throw a finger down the neck when im at it.. you know a sort of rinse/shake/poke/rinse thing...

at the risk of needing my shields up... when I gave the bottle a fingering today the neck felt.. looser.. than I remembered.. first thought was.. bastards the bottles thinner!!... and so out came the scales..

750ml - older bottle weighed 565g (compared 2)
750ml - new bottle weighed 576g (compared 2)

:blink:

er.. the new bottles are heavier?? thought it was interesting 'sall

:icon_cheers:

Weigh a few more of the old ones, I don't think they're all the same weight.

750ml - older bottle weighed 565g (compared 2)
750ml - new bottle weighed 576g (compared 2)

:blink:

er.. the new bottles are heavier??
How accurate are your scales? You're looking at a 2% shift here, on a sample size of 2. Not saying it's not true, just looking for a little better statistics to be sure.

I just weighed 5 of the old ones. 570.9 569.2 566.5 568.6 575.2. Not sure how accurate my scales are, $18 from hong kong via ebay, never been calibrated.

I just weighed 5 of the old ones. 570.9 569.2 566.5 568.6 575.2. Not sure how accurate my scales are, $18 from hong kong via ebay, never been calibrated.
I did the same with 10 new and 10 old "pickaxe" New:562,63,68,60,61,61,60,60,61,60 gms.Old:571,81,73,78,58,67,59,57,65,80,gms.More variance than i would have thought ,personally,with the pickaxe <_<

I have a few coopers long necks in my mixed bag of beer bottles. Sure they are great, much better than some lightweight twist top. I prefer the older long necks though for bottling my beer, and they are free. I'm talking old VB bottles or John Courage or the like. It's funny when you find bottles in the bush that have been sitting there for 30 years or more and they have written on the bottom "This bottle remains the property of..........." Well they're mine now though they can be hard to clean for the first time.

Sorry to get a little off topic, just my thought's on coopers bottles. I also have a few coopers bottles from maybe 15 or 20 years ago. Now they were bottles!!

Happy brewing....

Latest posts

Back